How do I get opengl to work with v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not ALL of the things fail, you still get neat and smooth visuals with opengl, as it was for 1.09.4, its the same story, it just doesn't come with the 2.0 package, which i can't complain as for being still in development
Umm, ERZ is a good as unplayable on OpenGL because of visual glitches (e.g. the lasers don't show up).

Yes, i know, i was talking about trilinear filtering =3

...YUCK, how can you LIKE that? Even in a high resolution, it looks like a goddamn MESS. I always went Nearest. I can't stand how Fuzzy everything looks in those other filters. It's another reason why I like OpenGL being out of SRB2: No more screenshots taken using those ugly things.

As for OpenGL, I honestly don't think it should be supported. Sure, it reduced SP lag, but in exchange, a LOT of things just don't look right, like the "Paperness."

As for OpenGL, I honestly don't think it should be supported. Sure, it reduced SP lag, but in exchange, a LOT of things just don't look right, like the "Paperness."
It SHOULD be supported in the sense that it is able to render all of the features. That's because some people NEED it for smoother framerate. But still, it shouldn't be included in the download itself, but rather as a separate EXE, like it is now.

You can get a smooth framerate in software. People just need to realize software is more designed for resolutions around 640x400 instead of 1920x1200. Sure, if you have an amazing machine it'll run at really high res, but it doesn't scale to high res nearly as well as OpenGL did.

You can get a smooth framerate in software. People just need to realize software is more designed for resolutions around 640x400 instead of 1920x1200. Sure, if you have an amazing machine it'll run at really high res, but it doesn't scale to high res nearly as well as OpenGL did.
My machine can not really be called "amazing", still it never lags in 1680x1050 in Software... Also, that's why people use OpenGL. Low-res looks ugly on high-res monitors and windowed mode is pretty small.

Disappointed

Even the basic, crummy $300 machine is bound to have high resolutions. My machine, a HP Pavilion Slimline (key word there) s3713w. If you were to look at its specs, I have a 160w PSU. I'm lucky to run an nVidia chipset, as all the better cards... well, are for the normal towers... and the PSU's requirement. I can run Vista @ 1440x900.
Anyway, playing the older versions of SRB2 on my 3-year-old laptop (Toshiba Satellite A105-S2051), with OGL, @ 1280x800 looked great, and I never saw any problem with the game's graphics. Maybe SuperTux, but that's another story. Thinking that 3D would be better for the desktop (which is the obvious case), still... I found out about OpenSonic... which then lead me to, "Hmm, any updates to SRB2 since 3/08?"

Disappointing. Finding out that 2.0 doesn't have OGL? Ugh. Luckally, I still have the other version backed up... completed file and all.

Ah but then you don't have the new levels that came with 2.0.

Unless you're waiting for someone to make a reverse port for 1.09.4. (And no way am I doing that.)

Unless you're waiting for someone to make a reverse port for 1.09.4. (And no way am I doing that.)
It wouldn't be possible, obviously. All new features would be missing, making the levels somewhat dull (in other words, completely empty).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back