Fixed Skin can be changed while continuing

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I noticed one can change skin during the Game Over screen. Through the console command "skin". In singleplayer. Without modifying the game. ("modifiedgame is false, you can unlock secrets")
While it's probably not anything that will ever get abused for... "profit" of a player, I think it's worth to suggest only being able to change skin during a Game Over if not in singleplayer.

(Note: moved from Suggestions)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't you do that anyways outside of single player?
Also, I still suggest multiple replays as a feature for srb2

Can't you do that anyways outside of single player?
Well, yes, but there it's on purpose. I don't think you're supposed to be able to change character in singleplayer at all, especially not when it's only possible through the skin command during the Game Over screen. (This doesn't count anything that "modifies" the game, disallowing unlocks, like devmode or Lua scripts.)

[01:53:40] <@MascaraSnake> The annoying part is that he now puts bug reports in suggestions to spite the people who said "this is a suggestion, not a bug" in the earlier thread
[01:55:58] <@Mystic> again, because he's a passive-aggressive asshat

I swear, I'm getting sick of your passive-aggressive behaviors.

Someone explain to me how X thing belongs in suggestions while Y thing belongs in bug reports, even though X thing is 2,7 times more major than Y thing.

Again, it doesn't have anything in regards with how major or minor it is. It relates to if it's not an intended behavior (a bug) or if it's something that you want changed that is intended. (a suggestion)

Again, it doesn't have anything in regards with how major or minor it is. It relates to if it's not an intended behavior (a bug) or if it's something that you want changed that is intended. (a suggestion)
And I can't see how Knuckles switching whether to move his left or right hand/foot up while the other down is an intended behaviour.

Edit: By the way, how many infractions can one get before being temporarily banned? 3? 5? Technically, I do have 3 now, even though this account is only registered for 2 infractions.

Last edited:
Someone explain to me how X thing belongs in suggestions while Y thing belongs in bug reports, even though X thing is 2,7 times more major than Y thing.
Both belong in bug reports. People just misunderstood what you were talking about in the other thread.

Edit: By the way, how many infractions can one get before being temporarily banned? 3? 5? Technically, I do have 3 now, even though this account is only registered for 2 infractions.
The first ban is at three infractions. You only have warnings on your other account though.

Last edited:

Please explain to me where you pulled that number from.

An extremely minor sprite flipping issue that 99% of people wouldn't find unless you shoved it directly into their faces is most certainly not more important than an exploit that allows skin changing in single player.

犬夜叉;759196 said:
Please explain to me where you pulled that number from.

An extremely minor sprite flipping issue that 99% of people wouldn't find unless you shoved it directly into their faces is most certainly not more important than an exploit that allows skin changing in single player.
While that may be true, how many people do you think would get a Game Over, have a continue, and think "I wonder what happens if I try using the skin command right now"? Even if knowing about it, they still need to sacrifice a continue for it, and they need to get all the way down to 0 extra lifes. Unless games have a very unfair difficulty curve, people should not even get a Game Over during their first time playing through a game from start to finish, unless playing in an ultimate difficulty or aiming to die. Some people do get a Game Over, though, and other people don't.

Point being, >99% of people don't notice the Knuckles thing, >99,95% of people don't notice the skin-changing bug.

I mean, how long has the (skin-changing) bug existed? Probably since 2.0.0, maybe even during or before the Final Demo era, but almost definitely since 2.1.0 at least, yet I was very likely the first to find it, I think about 4 to 6 months after 2.1 was released. Sure, I was also maybe the first to find the Knuckles-climb-sprite-flip thing, that's a valid argument.

(Now for the math-y people, yes, the people noticing the skin-changing bug would be 99,629629...% if the Knuckles-climb-sprite-flip is 2,7 times as major, and at 99%, but the skin-changing thing does affect the game largely more than the Knuckles-climb-sprite-flip, and thus it counts as more, I guess.)

Both belong in bug reports. People just misunderstood what you were talking about in the other thread.
Oh.

The first ban is at three infractions. You only have warnings on your other account though.
...Didn't the The Zero Team account (which according to the member list no longer exists) have an infraction before the site went down some months ago (I could let my browser try fetching any Sonic Robo Blast 2 site for a minute without it loading anything, which went on for weeks), and I lost access to that account when the sites went up again, due to either password being "incorrect" while correct, or me having to re-verify my e-mail address (don't remember which), and the message boards not letting me change my long-time-dead e-mail to my current e-mail, while the "contact moderators" page is completely blank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back