Lift Bridge Zone - new version (f_liftbridge2.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezer'Arch

ArchPack 2.5 is on the way
This is a new version of Lift Bridge Zone, a CTF map and Contest Winner of Sept/Oct OLDC.

I'm providing a large open space where players can create their own strategies and mess with some stuffs there. There are multiple paths to choice to cross a large lake with death pit. Each flag base is in a fortress. Between fortresses, a bridge (the main path and the easiest way to be shot), in its middle a lift-bridge, which can work either as a trap or as a way of saving someone from being shot.

The lift-bridge is controlled by switches installed behind the bases. Also, there are two pressurized air tubes under bridge sidewalks and isles with springs. You can cross the lake by using red springs located near the lake borders and spin-dash over water.

A simple design with some interesting stuffs to mess with.

The new version

Some people in Sept/Oct OLDC complained about "enormous water pit [that] lags the map" and some springs that don't help so much. Considering some ideas and criticisms I had received, I started thinking of how to improve the map.

Some of the major changes of this version:
  • CHANGE: map room slight more narrow;
  • CHANGE: bridge length is slight shorter;
  • CHANGE: new position for bridge's pillars and springs (now it's harder you fall into the death pit if you use springs that are at the beachhead);
  • NEW: we have beaches!.... so "enormous water pits" are not so enormous;
  • FIX: some rings were stuck under bridge;
  • FIX: useless water FOFs were removed.

Screenshots:
srb21023.png

srb21012.png

srb21013.png

Videos, images and comments: Lift Bridge CTF Zone - Album

Download:

Lift Bridge CTF Zone - version 2 (256 KB)

Additional info:

Level: MAPA0 (Map 100)
Type of level: CTF
Playable in Easy, Normal, Hard skill levels

I love this map so much that sometimes, when no decent netgames are available, I play CTF against myself in this map.

There is alot of CHANGETEAM RED/BLUE commands, but its worth it:)

To Ezer Arch, it's darned awesome, and to ghost, the fact you play ctf with yourself is not surprising. And also, the only reason ghost is so good in match/ctf/tag(which noone plays)/ring(from shufflar) is because he plays with himself. I'm sorry if that sounded wrong, but it's true. He also plays with bots.

But, since that was kind of topic, I should get back on topic.
10/10 I have to say. The one thing that's fun that I love to do-i did this to ghost once-is sit there screwing w/ the buttons.

Jackysmackyhackywacky said:
And also, the only reason ghost is so good in match/ctf/tag(which noone plays)/ring(from shufflar) is because he plays with himself. I'm sorry if that sounded wrong, but it's true. He also plays with bots.
I play ctf and match and,Yes that sounded wrong to me.

(Actually right now, two ctf servers were on)

ghostintheshell0225 said:
I play CTF against myself in this map.

I tried to play against myself in Match, but it wasn't so much fun.

srb21320.jpg

Code:
ezer'arch server was hit by ezer'arch player's ring.
<ezer'arch server> YOULL BE SORRY EZER!!!!!
ezer'arch player was hit by ezer'arch server's ring.

It looks amazing! Probably one of the best CTF matches I've ever seen! I wish I could download this but my file extraction program's trial period just expired so I can't get .zip files without paying! :(

exemplary... ( good )

I really enjoyed this stage when playing it the tactical strategies that can be done, like hiding, jumping the bridge, and other things make the stage a blast to play on net game mode.

I can't wait to see what else you can make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back