The SRB2 Final Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
im a big fan of srb2 and im just wandering if u have any idea when its coming out ( even if its just a vague idea )

PS: post an update on the website there hasnt been one since march

sontaiknux said:
im a big fan of srb2 and im just wandering if u have any idea when its coming out ( even if its just a vague idea )

Everyone who follows the game should know exactly when it's coming out.

The answer is "when it's done".

I see you are not new, so I am guessing that you are aware that the rules state not bump topics that have not been responded to for a week. You have just bumped a topic that was almost two months old.

I am guessing it shall come out around January of 2006. SRB2 does not have recent releases, so you should expect a long time until 1.1 comes out, as we still have not received 1.09. As the others have said, "The next version will be out when it's done."

I was just wondering one thing. What about the normal, one-player levels?Are they all going to be implemented? (Except those ones that were scrapped, obviously.)

How much work has been done in the game? And are you ever gonna tell us what's going to be new in 1.09?

Things new in 1.09:

CTF actually works. (I hope)
Bug fixes.
Buzz.
A little more balance for multiplayer.
Features for level designers.

That's about it. It's nothing very interesting, and it's nothing CLOSE to as interesting as 1.08 was, and that was a rather minor update.

The reason it's taken so long is that so many things kept getting added slowly. These aren't interesting from a player's standpoint, but from a level designer's standpoint, 1.09 is much better than 1.08 ever was.

Hey Mystic. You forgot to mention that Speed Pads are fixed, a whole lot of other things are probably going to be fixed (like FOF-Wind and Tails' Full-Speed float on Intangible FOFs glitch), and a new system for Floating Platforms. And there's a few new things like Crumbling Platforms. Oh, and the Skim is fixed, but that was expected.

This is a damned confusing term, and we really need a better one, but... "platform" also refers specifically to a block you can jump up through, and also stand on. In other words, you can go through it, but just one way: up.

Any better ideas for what to call it? I'm listening.

"Magic Block" comes to mind. Or, "Reverse Trap Door." Which reminds me, can there be a reverse platform block? You can only fall down, and can't go up? I mean without faking it with linedef executors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back