SRB2CB - Community Build (Final 1.09.4 Version!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think you should get an SVN for this, you can't really have a community project without an SVN :(. Just hand out usernames to people who request them and revert any shovelware.

Forgive me, but it's been a long time since I've done this, and I've forgotten how: What do I do to add a new configuration to SRB2 Doombuilder?

EDIT: TERRIBLE bug in this new version--the camera goes through walls!

Violo said:
Okay, make a level (or edit another level's header) and in the MAINCFG type the level number in, then below it type jumpdive = 1 and daytonight = 1 into it. That should work.
So you just make a level,but I don't know how to anyways but do i just put a random number.

Re: Yay i love it!

empolario said:
I love it even though it says it needs srb2.wad!
How can you love it if you've never played it?

Go put the SRB2CB files in the same folder as SRB2 and it'll work.

Mark2345 said:
Violo said:
Okay, make a level (or edit another level's header) and in the MAINCFG type the level number in, then below it type jumpdive = 1 and daytonight = 1 into it. That should work.
So you just make a level,but I don't know how to anyways but do i just put a random number.

*sigh* Do you have XWE or SRB2 Doom Builder? If you don't have any of those, you can't avtivate them.

Third time I'm saying it. There is an enormous glitch in the camera in this new version of SRB2CB. If you're facing some walls and rotate the camera, the camera goes through the wall and you see hall of mirrors.

Cue said:
Still think you should get an SVN for this, you can't really have a community project without an SVN :(. Just hand out usernames to people who request them and revert any shovelware.

I completely agree, I think I'll probably try to get one up after May though.

fawfulfan said:
Third time I'm saying it. There is an enormous glitch in the camera in this new version of SRB2CB. If you're facing some walls and rotate the camera, the camera goes through the wall and you see hall of mirrors.

Changed in .a for slightly faster OpenGL performance:
Changelog 1.0 - 1.0a
OpenGL is faster by default, it renders less polygons on the screen, not usually noticeable, can be changed in the menu under 3D settings.

Give them/us/whoever a screenshot/video/whatever, because personally I see nothing out of the ordinary.

On an unrelated note; Why did you take out the "Press Y to exit" screen after pressing exit game on the main menu? That is really bad for the people that accidentally press it, as it means they have to reload the program and all that.

UPDATE: This glitch happens in BOTH modes, so it CAN'T be a problem with the rendering.

In Software Mode, it causes Hall of Mirrors:
29xxnc8.jpg

In OpenGL Mode, it shows the Sky texture:
2wcqx40.jpg

As you can see, this is a serious glitch. Please fix it in the next version.

Oh, that.

That bug's been around since the official release of 1.08. It's hardly anything new. The only reason you're noticing it now is because the camera got raised up in the latest build, and that platform is JUST above the camera's height.

MattW_CFI said:
Why did you take out the "Press Y to exit" screen after pressing exit game on the main menu? That is really bad for the people that accidentally press it, as it means they have to reload the program and all that.

Maybe that was a bad choice, it just personally annoyed me that I always had to press enter twice to exit the game, and I didn't think it would be much of an issue, because I've never once pressed the quit game thing on accident. The exit game shortcut has the y/n thing still though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back