• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I remember this from a long time ago. I think I programmed something for it, but I can't remember what it was.

Camoflauge said:
Q: Will any of the levels in the mod be ports from Super Mario 64, or any other Mario games for that matter?
A: At the moment, I do not plan to port any levels from Mario games, although, the current WIP special stages to take much inspiration to that of Mario Sunshine.

=D
My God, I love Super Mario Sunshine. If you want, I'll make some levels for this based off Mario Sunshine. Something based off Pianta Village may be good. But I'll make them later, I have other things to work on.

Sorry to be blunt, but the level looks somewhat small scaled according to those screenshots.

Camuflauge said:
Umm, at the moment, I don't really want any direct ports made, sorry. Although, if you do having mapping talent and feel that you're able to create some cool Mario themed levels, feel free to PM me with a sample of what you have in mind.

*twitch*
*sigh* Why does everyone think I make direct ports of levels? If you want an example of a level, go the Crawla Cape Old version, that was completely made by me, the new one fixed the lag with CZ64's help. That's a level which is good if you don't mind.

I can test for you. I mean, making a horrible level is almost as bad as accidentally building a good map to too small of a scale. It just isn't as enjoyable.

I think it's being included in the newest version of SRB2Riders that's coming out. But it's in the levels section if you need it. You need SRB2Riders to play it properly.

For the record, Camo Man hasn't been keeping me updated on his level, not that I do either. There was a period of time where SoT seriously sucked, though, so this is a major step in the right direction.

Camouflage said:
Ice said:
Sorry to be blunt, but the level looks somewhat small scaled according to those screenshots.
Ha, no need to apologize. Although, I would say that the level looking small is somewhat due to the screenshots. While I'm not trying to say "OMG TEH LVL IZ BETTAR DEN TEH SCREENIEZ", that kinda' does seem how I've put things. Although, I cannot really prove my case without actually posting a link. :P
Making a small level is really a stylistic choice. If Camo wanted the level to be bigger, I'm sure he would've changed it. Granted, I'm one of those people who tweaks every small thing until it's right, so...

Edit: No, no I haven't. That was four hours all on a Friday night that went mostly towards tweaking the look of the level to be perfect, which it's not. Yet.

Camouflage said:
'Kay, I'll send you a copy of it over via PM. And, if possible, I'd prefer it if you'd post criticism in this thread. Just 'cause it's a little bit easier than having to go to my PM box. :D

Whoops, didn't read that before I sent the message XD. Here's what I said anyway:
Holy crap, I did not expect such good level design all of a sudden! Very nice job on this, I completely misjudged what I saw. I guess it was the angle of the screenshots? I dunno.
One thing I did notice however, was that sometimes you overloaded on the enemies. Just going around and deleting some here and there will help. Also, the fish seem like they're jumping too high. Just remember that the height of the jump is determined by the angle the fish is facing. I also noticed that the ground at the very end of the first area is still set to deathpit. Weather or not you meant it too be that way, I don't know XD. There are also some missing textures (the rising platform at the very beginning of the level), but thats all I think there is.
One thing I didn't like was that some of the crumbling platforms never respawned. This could be frustrating for people who play as sonic and miss the platform. And....yea. I think that's it.
I liked this very much, the custom textures and items were really cool.

I did leave out the last sentence though, it's better discussed through pms.

Camouflage said:
Oh, and if you'd like a link to the current Midnight Dunes, I'd be happy to supply one
By now, you probably already have it uploaded for Ice, so that'd be nice.

SoT was interesting. Some parts were obviously not done, but one of the glaring quirks with the level was how it relied on platforming on small crates and stuff. Also, some crucial platforms crumbled and didn't respawn, making backtracking impossible.

Um, would you like to play the level yourself? It actually appears rather frequently, so it's not hard to miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back