My New Mod (Srbadvx.wad) srb adv x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is like Master's quest all over again, and that is not a good thing.

I will start with the music. Adding large music files isn't necessary, you should try to either use midis or use the normal srb2 music.

Next adventure mode. This mod doesn't need adventure mode, it annoys a large amount of the people.

Next the levels. They all have nothing interesting in them. The tails one was way too long, and not fun. It was just a long path, no one wants to just walk for 30 mins. The texture choice on the lava level made my eyes bleed, I just skipped that one, because I didn't know where to go.

I could go on and on about how terrible the levels were, but that wouldn't help you too much. Instead look HERE.
That will help you in what to do and not do in levels.

Here is my last advice to you, make ONE level and put some time into it. Don't ever start by making a mod, unless you have experiance.

EDIT: Also, please don't use colors in your posts, it kinda hurts to look at them.

Sety the Sky...

Please, PLEASE tell me English isn't your first language. Did you mean "City in the Sky"?

Anyways, as Torgo said, your level design is horrible. From what I gathered, all you used was lava, springs, rings, and the blue crawla. Other than that, this seems to be nothing but random (poorly made) platforming, and holding forward for long segments of time.

The final boss especially annoys me. The key to making a Superform battle isn't to just throw the player into a run-on-water area, and toss in Eggman. Eggman is helpless against Supersonic, whose only enemy is the environment. Having an IQ of 300, the Fat Man should be running at this point. If you want a Superform battle, you'll need a SOC to upgrade Eggman's power to at least hold SuperSonic back. (Innovative ways to represent actually hurting SuperSonic ARE hard to come by. But switching a couple actions is enough to upgrade the Eggmobile to repel SuperSonic)
Also, someone wanna tell me what a bunch of legendary gems of power are doing laying around inside a volcano anyway?

Now, as I'm the kind of person who can't STAND all-negative criticism, I'll try and find something good here. I can see where you were thinking on the final boss, perhaps you just lost it as you tried to WAD it?

But anyways, my advice in an enumerated list:
Redesign all the levels completely
Pay attention in English class
SOC the boss
Use more features to make the levels more fun
Don't use SA mode for no reason
Don't put the word "Hard" laying around a level, completely without context. It makes me think things.

Oh. I see. I guess he's just using an even CRAPPIER translator than before. If people can't speak English, they shouldn't use Internet translators. If those worked, it would be a phenomenal success. But has it been? NO. Others should know this. But he wouldn't, because he would also know that stealing files (which he HAS done) is WRONG.

Torgo said:
Wow, this is like Master's quest all over again, and that is not a good thing.

I will start with the music. Adding large music files isn't necessary, you should try to either use midis or use the normal srb2 music.

Next adventure mode. This mod doesn't need adventure mode, it annoys a large amount of the people.

Next the levels. They all have nothing interesting in them. The tails one was way too long, and not fun. It was just a long path, no one wants to just walk for 30 mins. The texture choice on the lava level made my eyes bleed, I just skipped that one, because I didn't know where to go.

I could go on and on about how terrible the levels were, but that wouldn't help you too much. Instead look HERE.
That will help you in what to do and not do in levels.

Here is my last advice to you, make ONE level and put some time into it. Don't ever start by making a mod, unless you have experiance.

EDIT: Also, please don't use colors in your posts, it kinda hurts to look at them.

But Music Mp3 Enthusiasm

Seriously, the blue colors in your posts hurt to look at, don't use color tabs.

You completely ignored the bulk of my post and went right to the music part. You should be listening to how you can make your levels more fun, not just the music part of it. This -> http://srb2wiki.sepwich.com/wiki/Level_Designing_101 <- will help you a lot in what to do for levels. Designing a good level takes time to do.

It may be hard to get ideas on the map, but you will be able to once you put effort into one level at a time. That is the key, to design ONE level at first, not a whole mod.

Torgo said:
Seriously, the blue colors in your posts hurt to look at, don't use color tabs.

You completely ignored the bulk of my post and went right to the music part. You should be listening to how you can make your levels more fun, not just the music part of it <<This> http://srb2wiki.sepwich.com/wiki/Level_Designing_101 <- will help you a lot in what to do for levels. Designing a good level takes time to do.

It may be hard to get ideas on the map, but you will be able to once you put effort into one level at a time. That is the key, to design ONE level at first, not a whole mod.

Thanks for the information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back