Srb2 ANIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
The author showed this to me on Twitter a couple of months ago. Really cool, although if it were to be a part of the actual game I wouldn't allow stuff like 'Maurice' or 'Ivo' in there...

The author showed this to me on Twitter a couple of months ago. Really cool, although if it were to be a part of the actual game I wouldn't allow stuff like 'Maurice' or 'Ivo' in there...

"Ivo" as Eggman's first name is official Sega canon, and it's been like that since Sonic Adventure. I've seen it in a bunch of game manuals.

*looks for a more recent source to back that up... finds this tweet...*

...Wait, Ivo is pronounced "eee-voh"? I always thought it was "eye-voh".

Kinda interesting that they put some of the SRB1 remake in there, since it probably won't be next versions. Also it kinda looks like adobe flash in some areas like the meteor falling and sonic's running animation, but overall it is pretty cool and well done. If we were to put something like full animation in the game then we probably have to support some type of movie format or something, because doing that with the current cutscene format would probably be a royal pain.

Last edited:
In SRB2 we actually intentionally don't talk about what planet it is. In fact our official policy is never to bring it up in-game =P

SEGA have basically done the same thing, actually! The planet is officially supposed to be referred to as "Sonic's world".

Lost World had an exception where the Zeti said "Eggman's world", and Ian Flynn thinks it's fucking stupid so the comics only call it "the planet", but it's otherwise a hard and fast rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back