Is there option called

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrzi

Is there option called frameskip because i want srb2 run faster without lags so i wanted to turn frame rate little lower.

Oh dear. The temptation to be a grammar Nazi is getting too much.

And I do not think that's possible. Check your Ping.

AFAIK, there isn't a frame-skip option in SRB2. I've looked before, there wasn't any console command or menu option for it that I could find.

Also, does SRB2 lag in both software and OpenGL mode, or just OpenGL mode?

<bullcrap>
The way the Doom engine handles things is locked at 35Hz in gametics. It'd need a major rewrite on the things system, or either Doomsday-style camera/movement interpolation. It wouldn't make network games friendlier, though. (See: Quake's failure as a internet game leading to the creation of Quakeworld which was locked at 10hz)

It's also probably the reason why Sonic Quake doesn't exist. So many packets to manage and send out at a high rate that makes Battlefield 2 look incredibly optimized on dial-up you could imagine the network congestion if you lost 50 rings. Fixed TICRATES help enforce this.

a bee said:
you could imagine the network congestion if you lost 50 rings.

Send out a packet that says they got hit and should lose rings, then let the ring calculation be handled client side, sending a packet out every few seconds with locations to make sure the client stays up to date?

Is he talking about single player? I think what he's looking for is EG. the option to halve the framerate, as seen in various doujin games. SRB2 already implements automatic frameskip. When the game slows down, it just processes more game logic frames between rendering. There's no need to set anything, because the system does it for you.

Dr.Pepper said:
AFAIK, there isn't a frame-skip option in SRB2. I've looked before, there wasn't any console command or menu option for it that I could find.

Also, does SRB2 lag in both software and OpenGL mode, or just OpenGL mode?
THAT is little weird, allways openGL gives really much lags but it just help me
in gameplay, i mean little less lags.

Cue said:
a bee said:

Send out a packet that says they got hit and should lose rings, then let the ring calculation be handled client side, sending a packet out every few seconds with locations to make sure the client stays up to date?
Wouldn't that cause constant C-Fails? IIRC, the netcode doesn't allow the host to tell the client "no wait that ring is over there not there go fix it," it can only say "you got something wrong gtfo."

Kaysakado said:
Cue said:
a bee said:

Wouldn't that cause constant C-Fails? IIRC, the netcode doesn't allow the host to tell the client "no wait that ring is over there not there go fix it," it can only say "you got something wrong gtfo."

And it can't be changed?

Cue said:
Kaysakado said:
Cue said:
a bee said:

And it can't be changed?

Though, I don't think anyone is going to change the netcode. :/

Cue said:
Kaysakado said:
Cue said:
a bee said:

And it can't be changed?
I don't know. I'm not an expert in netcode, you are. :<

tyrzi said:
If it's only lagging in OpenGL, then you'll probably have to just play in the software renderer. What screen resolution and graphics card do you use? Have you tried lowering the screen resolution, turning off bilinear filtering, coronas, fog, lighting, etc?

It could be a refresh rate issue. He could be running into forced 60hz which does not even well with the preferred 70hz rate of the engine.

Kaysakado said:
the netcode doesn't allow the host to tell the client "no wait that ring is over there not there go fix it," it can only say "you got something wrong gtfo."

LOL, it´s true, thats why SRB2 has so many C-kicks.

Do you realize how much data would have to be sent to keep track of the location of every single ring in the level?

Dr.Pepper said:
tyrzi said:
If it's only lagging in OpenGL, then you'll probably have to just play in the software renderer. What screen resolution and graphics card do you use? Have you tried lowering the screen resolution, turning off bilinear filtering, coronas, fog, lighting, etc?
i don't know am i tried but i think openGL gives more ''system power'' cause my computer give more hard voices when i put oGL mode on.

Autosaver said:
Did you try using Mini-GL? IIRC Mini-GL is a Open-GL substitute that uses strains less of your computer.

MiniGL is an option typically made for wrappers of very old cards that do not have 100% OpenGL support. It wouldn't work any better for recent hardware, unless he was using a very, very old video card of a more exotic less-native chipset, like Rendition. It remains in Legacy as it was a relevant thing to have in the late 90s during its development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back