Word Filter option added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torgo said:
This is a better example that wont actually evade the filter. Lets say the word "that" is a filtered word. Evading the filter would be something like this.

th4t
th*t

Even if you leave just one letter, it would evade the filter. So either type out the entire word, or just use all asterisks.
Question, though: If one were to use random symbols, would that still be evasion, or since it's technically blocking out the word, would it be alright?

Going with "That = banned word",

7#47 is probably not gonna work, if my common sense is worth two cents.

I imagine it would still get you banned. The idea is to conceal which word it is, not to censor it just so you can say "lol, we censored it. srsly"

It's like those TV shows that censor asshole as ass[bleep]

It's because the person who holds the [beep]-er is a 87-year-old narcoleptic blonde lady.

"Dammit man, you sir are an ass-*[bleep]er get smacked*-[bleep]"

Uh... I think you guys forgot to add something to the filter. :P

I'm not too sure about posting it here, as it would most likely count as breaking a rule.

Ok, am I the only one wondering why that guy only posted the word wristwatch? Seriously, is THAT the word Sonichu didn't wanna say?

It's sorta like a website I went to when I was 8 or 9. (Can't remember.) I wanted to use the username "boobooonmyleg", (I had a scab on my leg at that time, and I couldn't think of a username I could remember and wasn't being used.) which wouldn't go through because "Your username cannot contain the word "boob"."

Yeah, that's kind of a problem. I think we should be able to evade the filter for using words like wristwatch. (That wasn't a cuss word, just so you know.)

For example, if at was a cuss word, we should be able to use "that".

Did you know you guys can disable the curse filter in your profile? You can since the board was modded to do so. Only certain words are still filtered even if you turn it off.

Sonict said:
Did you know you guys can disable the curse filter in your profile? You can since the board was modded to do so. Only certain words are still filtered even if you turn it off.
Why is that, anyway? If someone turns off the curse filter they obviously don't care what words they see, so why censor them anyway?

Because they aren't appropriate still. We do have young children on here and if they want to see the normal swearwords that most people love doing nowadays, they can. However, there are are other words that are still inappropriate on here so that is why it is like this. It won't be changing so don't bother asking.

Is that what you wanted to know, Chrispy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back