Curse Filter Evasion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Alrighty, this is getting annoying, and I'm tired of having to deal with it. If a word is filtered, you shouldn't say it. If you do, however, there should be four asterisks and that is IT. It should not be possible to figure out what word it is without the context.

Since examples are the only way to do this, let us assume for the sake of argument that the word "Luck" happens to be a curse word filtered by the curse filter.

Acceptable:

Luck (The filter will automatically set this to four asterisks.)

Unacceptable:

L*ck
Lsck
L***
****y
****ers
****ing
etc.

I do not want for anyone but the poster to be able to get what the word is, unless it's obvious in context.

Very young people read and occasionally even post on this forum. I don't care what your opinions are about corrupting the youth and all that stuff is, if you wanna curse, I suggest another forum.

I'd suggest just cursing, rather than trying to censor yourself. The message board generally does the job the way it's supposed to be done. ;D

Ok, you should put that in the rules. As I was previously unaware of this board's feelings on profanity. In fact the rules gave me the idea that more minor profanity was permitted.

Minor profanity is permitted. Damn, ass, bastard, dick. Quite a lot of words won't be filtered. However, for some reason, everyone in the world has an obsession with a certain four letter word that starts with F, and they often try and weasel it into every other post they make. This is simply not the place for that.

Mystic said:
Minor profanity is permitted. Damn, ass, bastard, dick. Quite a lot of words won't be filtered. However, for some reason, everyone in the world has an obsession with a certain four letter word that starts with F, and they often try and weasel it into every other post they make. This is simply not the place for that.
So, anything but the big four. (Though I only know 3 of them). Makes sense, that's what I generally prefer myself.

You forgot to mention the blank tag evasion. For example, if Luck was filtered, it's possible to use Luck to get past the filter.

(I've gone and opened the gates, haven't I?)

TheDarkArchon said:
You forgot to mention the blank tag evasion. For example, if Luck was filtered, it's possible to use Luck to get past the filter.

Most people know about that. If they do it, they just get banned. That's obviously intentional evasion of the filter.

That's still considered filter evasion, which is what this topic is about.
Edit: Darn it, one minute behind.

TheDarkArchon said:

*Smacks face
This is worse than when I went and posted the C source code for a program that deletes srb2.srb and any WADs in the same directory.

You should just make it where if you type in (EX: luck), the post will automatically fliter it.

What about substitutions? Are "Freaking" and "Crappy" allowed still? It somewhat fits in the unallowed criteria (Everyone would know what word it is.)

So basicly, if it isn't filtered, it's allowed? I used dick in a sentence a while back, and I just thought no one noticed.

What about arse and fargin? If you don't want me to use those just say so.
Another question is: what if we use symbols such as #@$% is that acceptable?

RyanHedge said:
What about arse and fargin? If you don't want me to use those just say so.
Another question is: what if we use symbols such as #@$% is that acceptable?
Arse is a sustitute for "ass", which is a word obviously allowed on these forums. "Fargin", which I've never heard, is so painfully obviously just designed to evade the curse filter that no, you can't say it.

Frikken is actually used in speech. I'd RATHER you not say it, but it's honestly not worse than any of the other words we use on here.

Any symbols work fine. I just use asterisks by preference.

Alright, so legally we're allowed to say
____
@@@@
%%%%
&$#&
^&*&
!^%!
~^&*
~~~~
♀♪♥§
§§§§
Or anything like that?

I always thought ass, bastard and dick were words you couldn't say, especially dick since it's most commonly associated with the F bomb.

Oh well, thanks for clearing it up anyhow.

FireLaserbeam said:
You should just make it where if you type in (EX: luck), the post will automatically fliter it.
It already DOES do it!
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.
See?

I think I'll use ¢¥§ and ¤£×÷ as my primary symbols. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back