Vertical Forest (Match/Tag)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Here is another Rail-sniper map idea that just came to me one day.

This map is (obviously) a forest filled with a number of large tiered trees with multiple sets of platforms each. The aim is to get everyone to "tree-hop" as I call it, around the map using the numerous platforms and springs provided while sniping at each other with the rail rings found throughout the map.

This is a Rail ring map, with 12 different spawns of this weapon. Therefore you can safely assume all players will have one, so keep your distance!

*NOTE* This replaces MAP91 (Thunder Citadel Zone) *NOTE*

Screenshots:

View from ground level:

View across the middle:

Looking down from the top:

Looking across the top:

Download Link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hdevpe

As usual, suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated.

Happy Hunting!

Yeah, the stacked FOFs do seem to be a problem with software. I'm currently in the process of figuring out how to reduce them while keeping the basic premise of the map.

Looks like forest of death from Naruto.
Judging from the pics.
Could be if you replaced the middle with a tower.

Never seen Naruto, I wouldn't know. :|

But, a fully functional tower building in the middle doesn't sound like too bad of an idea. All I would need to do is stack a few more FOFs and make more levels.

Either way, it would probably be better than a plain ol' tree anyway. :)

Jazz said:
Yeah, the stacked FOFs do seem to be a problem with software. I'm currently in the process of figuring out how to reduce them while keeping the basic premise of the map.
It's more or less the "vertical" ness of the stage that gives Software an issue. Not the FOFs at all, really.

I did the same thing with bots there.

And if you want to know what the tower looks like go here. www.narutoengdub.co.nr

Go to episode directory it's episode 27 shows the map and episode 37 shows the actual tower.

Wow Jazz, I'm pretty impressed! This new tree design is amazingly beautiful and simple (compared to the boring old stump and leaves thing).

Although I couldn't download it, from the pictures alone, you've got a pretty nice looking wad. As an OpenGL user, I'll download this soon. I promise.

Good job! 9/10 By Pictures

Well, if the pictures get me a 9/10, I'm hoping that it can improve when you actually play the wad! :D

Vertical Forest > Horizontal Forest! *axed*

Now if only this were a King Of The Hill map. Flame can help you there.

I can't download this now, but I will when I can.

First of all, the "leaves" need to be FOF: Intangible From Bottom.
Second, instead of using springs, I suggest using wind.
Third, watch the placing of your springs (diagonal, because there is no diagonal wind), they aren't placed close enough to the middle pillar.

7.5/10

Looks like the outside of my Battle Tree! :mrgreen: *Shot*

(I'm not saying you got the idea from it, so don't start assuming anything.)

But it's a great WAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back