Crystal Caves (Match/Tag)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Here I present to you another one of my experiments.

Essentially this is a large underground zone filled with large crystals hanging from the ceiling and jutting from the floor. This "arena" is surrounded by a maze of passages filled with rings. Above the caves are two barracks, two rail ring spawns, and 8 bomb ring spawns.

This is an Rail/Bomb map, so expect fast and furious long-range fighting as you dodge around the crystals.

There is also a shrine somewhere inside the caves that is dedicated to old-school Sonic fans, and my favorite ring weapon.

*NOTE* This replaces MAP90 (Sapphire Falls Zone) *NOTE*

Screenshots:

Inside a barracks:

Outside the caves:

Inside the caves:

Download Link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9z8ort

Known Issue: Crystals are not transparent in OpenGL :|

As usual, suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated.

Happy Hunting!

Well this isn't as great as your other maps. This doesn't have much scenery and it's sort of maze like. Not many places to hide either, though I haven't done it in a netgame yet (I can finally host).

Edit: I forgot to mention I have never seen red icicles.

They are crystals, not icicles. :|

I know its not as good as my other maps, but I thought it was decent for a FOF experiment.

Expand on the barracks. I really do think they have potential.

And like Cheese said, it was maze like. That secret thing was... yuck.

Yep, fully planning on doing that when I roll all my maps together in a big-ol levelpack. :D

Maybe add some tunnel connections inside, more levels, items and such. Maybe fully equip 'em like houses? Bathrooms, living room, training room, etc?

Actually I really don't think that making a house in or as a match map is a very good idea.

And what did you mean secret thing BlueZero4?

Jazz said:
Hey, can you post the subliminal messages a little bigger so I can read 'em? :D

Just quote us and see what we said. =P

If those are supposed to be crystals, why don't you make them a different shape? I mistook them for icicles.

Jazz said:
Hey, can you post the subliminal messages a little bigger so I can read 'em? :D

They are talking about the secret thats in the wad. Thats what the subliminal messages are about.

Well, it's a nice idea but...make the crystals look more like...crystals. They look like cylinderish triangles.

GCFreak said:
Well, it's a nice idea but...make the crystals look more like...crystals. They look like cylinderish triangles.

I'm sure that could be accomplished easily as ceiling and floor scenery things.

1 Bug,

srb20015.png

2 Bug,

srb20016.png

*SMECK*

srb20017.png

That's the secret, and a couple bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back