• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say this, but do we get to see a download link? While we can all praise you for graphics, I'd rather see what you're doing with level layout.

A level demo, is kinda hard for me to give out so soon, I don't want the levels to be too short or to just be random sectors stitched together, I want every level to be long, detailed and unique. Even if I think I'm done with one level, most of the time I come back later and add something new, look at the level metalflower, it's by far the most complex level I've ever seen, and you can tell by looking at it in a map editor that the creator really took his time on it, I want every single one of my levels to be like that.

What you don't understand, though, is that it doesn't matter how complex the level is. If the structure is atrocious, then no one is going to want to play it because of the lack of playability and flow, and the complexity won't counter that.

You are 100% right segmint, complexity
over playability makes an awful level, and my levels do have flow like any sonic game should:

Srb2 Wiki said:
Sonic the Hedgehog, SRB2 included, is about flow. Hence, if the player cannot move without stopping, something is wrong with the layout. Make sure that the player can go through the stage without stopping dead. This doesn’t mean that it must be possible to go through full speed, but the player shouldn’t have to stop frequently.

Level Design 101, I'm well aware of it.

Yeah, but it's different to be aware of it, and actually use it. We can't even be sure if you're using flow because you haven't posted a beta of any kind.

josh the hedgehog said:
How much levels are going to be in the mod?

Not sure, but there are going to be many different levels with various gametypes including:
Singleplayer
Coop
Match/Tag
CTF
Race
NiGHTs

NiGHTs levels may not be included with the first version.

I want you guys to answer one question first, which kind of level beta would you prefer:

A space themed level with custom gravity
A mountainous level with rivers and caves
A snow themed level with freezing water and frozen lakes

Or should I just post all three?

Space and snow are too overused. I'd like to see what you can do with making your own aroma from the ground up.

And about Dash, I'm remaking him, what do you think?
GW70H70.png

PLAYA1(This is an out-dated sprite of Dash)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back