A Trio of 2.2 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the video would have showed things better.

Thank you Iceman for helping with the argument.

That said, those pushing sprites DO look ridiculously similar to Knuckles' walking animation, so it's no wonder we were confused through just the video at least.

What's done is done; Survived to see another day

I noticed they were different right off the bad pretty much, though it is subtle.

Anyways, I'd hope that if pushing sprites were to be a thing we'd get something much noticeable than that :P

Well, I guess you do learn something new every day. Those sprites are rubbish and it's hilarious I didn't even notice they were different from his normal walking animation for twenty years =P

To be honest, Knuckles looks like punching the thing he pushes and dancing at the same time... MotorRoach, if pushing sprites ever happen in SRB2, ... please make them even more cheesy for Chuckles!

Getting back on the regular topic...
Are all levels gonna get completly redone (or at least having some nice new things?) and all just like DSZ? Because so far all of this looks awesome and it would be even more to have all levels with crazy things like that :0

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the overall plan for 2.2: Fucking Sonic, New DSZ, ACZ2, ACZ3?, RVZ2 (optional), New netcode (optional?), removing emeralds from match, and new color palette. I might be missing others, but i believe these are the highlights of 2.2 overall.

The only thing that's really planned for 2.2 is finishing ACZ. The new Sonic sprites are already done, so they'll obviously be included as well, but for the other things it depends on whether they're done by the time the dev team decides to make another release. I don't think anyone's working on the netcode or RVZ2 at the moment or plans to in the near future.

You can find reliable information here (although that article's kinda outdated by now - do a new front page update already, Mystic :P).

Last edited:
It is, but priorities have weights, and if we're going to have any kind of remote release schedule, we need to have some kind of specific goals for releases. Hence, 2.1 was intended to be "CEZ complete", but because of a few issues and mistakes made, it ended up including a lot more than that. As things other than CEZ were completed, they were added to the package over time and released with CEZ when CEZ was ready. 2.2's release condition is "ACZ complete". This means that when we finish ACZ, the plan is to start packaging up the other things that are complete at that time and make a release. Other than ACZ, everything else is optional for a release. After we release 2.2, we'll start setting priorities and release conditions for 2.3, and it's quite likely RVZ will be high enough on the priority list to be put on the list.

tl;dr: When ACZ2 and ACZ3 are done, 2.2 will be prepared for release. Anything else that's also done gets to join for the ride.

It's incredibly obnoxious behavior, but with limited moderation resources, we have to pick and choose our battles. I've noticed that a lot of people with this tendency are new. If I started infracting people for it, I'd mostly just be wasting time because a lot of newbies leave after a couple posts. Because of that, I've chosen to just give up on this one and fight battles more likely to be relevant to the long-term health of the forums.

That said, when dealing with noise posts, it's generally best to ignore them entirely. Pointing it out in the thread often derails the thread even further, as ALSO seen earlier in this thread. The only thing worse than three redundant posts is thirty posts arguing about how stupid those three posts are.

That's fully understandable; you guys can't be around all the time. Still, given the nature of these forums being in perpetual "We have a wave of new people!" mode, I don't know how you do it.

Then again, you've done this for years. I've grown up a lot since I first came to these forums in 08, but there are some things I still have to work on understanding, like an endless cycle of behaviors like this. I don't see myself lurking too often until I can brush it off for the needless nonsense it is.

Hence, 2.1 was intended to be "CEZ complete", but because of a few issues and mistakes made, it ended up including a lot more than that.

Speaking of CEZ, how is CEZ1 doing? Was it touched since development of 2.2 began?

It's definitely changed, even including badnik behaviors. If I recall correctly, it's gone toward the THZ2-style of remaking, where familiar setpieces are recognizable alongside newly-created ones.

I think CEZ should be revamped and made to look like the medieval times instead of some bland ugly dull boring tree storm castle zone.

Last edited:
Too many animals!

I'M DROWNING IN FLICKIES!!!!!!
LegalAmazingAsiaticmouflon.gif
(toaster did their brains)

Amazing animals, you got so much variety of different animal from the Rat from Mystic Cave zone to the fish from Tidal Tempest (good future).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back