Rumor: Old Nick shows returning with new episodes March

Status
Not open for further replies.

UruZingLo

Zero out of Ten
[QUOTE="jacob Suarez] Due to Drop in Ratings, Nick Returns Classic Lineup
Jacob Suarez
Online Editor
Teenagers can finally rejoice because they now will be receiving what they have been talking about for years. For awhile now teens have been wishing that Nickelodeon will finally put their favorite cartoons back on the air and now their wish will come true.
Starting March 14, 2011, Nickelodeon will go back into the studios to produce new episodes for classic cartoons such as: Rocket Power, Doug, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, the Angry Beavers, and many more.
Cyma Zarghami, who runs the television station was quoted saying, “We have noticed a significant drop in ratings since our show from the late 1990’s. We have strayed from our cartoons and we believe that was our biggest mistake. We have contacted the producers from these shows and we were able to work out a deal to get them back to making new episodes.” [/QUOTE]

Source is here:
http://www.6theory.com/forum/index....-making-new-episodes-of-classic-90s-cartoons/

So after hearing about this, I am actually excited looks like nick is now stepping back up, I can't wait for this happen and to watch all the classic cartoons I grew up to love. I still hope they keep some of the Nick shows(Victorious, iCarly) along with this, but if not, at least this'll be enjoyable. Discuss feelings? opinions?

Last edited:
*checks pulse*
Nope I'm not dead and in heaven. I shall now show my support for this by posting ASCII Art of the logo for the one series I want to see return above all others. Ignore the 1s.

Code:
[B][I]DPDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDP[/I][/B][I]111111111
11[B]DPDPDPDPDPDPDP[/B]11111111[B]DPDPDPDP[/B]11111
1111[B]DPDPDPDPDPD[/B]111111111111[B]DPDPDP[/B]11111
11[B]DPDPDPDPDPDP[/B]111111111111[B]DPDPDPDP[/B]111
[B]DPDPDPDPDPDP[/B]1111111111[B]DPDPDPDPDP[/B]11111
11[B]DPDPDPDP[/B]1111[B]DPDPDPDPDPDPDPDP[/B]111111
1111[B]DPDPDP[/B]111[B]PDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDP[/B]111111
11[B]DPDPDP[/B]111[B]DPDPDPDPDPDPDPDP[/B]111111111
[B]DPDPDP[/B]111[B]DPDPDPDPDPDPDP[/B]11111111111111[/I]

I literally screamed of joy upon reading this. PLEASE BE TRUE.

Doesn't Disney own the rights to Doug at this point?

Rugrats was good, but they kinda ran it into the ground somewhere around the movies. All Grown Up was good for a one-time special, but not an entire series.

Rocket Power, Wild Thornberries, Ren and Stimpy never interested me. Hey Arnold! was kinda cool, I guess. Really, I guess I'll just see where this goes, but Fairly Oddparents and Spongebob are still fairly watchable shows on that channel, so.

I myself would like some new Invader Zim and Rocko's Modern Life. I missed out on both when new episodes originally aired, so it'd be a treat for me, however unlikely.

I realize this is probably a minimal consideration from Nick's point of view, but I do hope any new episodes that come out have the same feel and quality that the originals did.

Though, didn't Nick have some other cartoons that originated after Rocket Power? Like, you know, Making Fiends? I thought that show in particular was a novel enough concept to do well on the channel. Looking at it's Wikipedia page, I'm kinda astounded that Making Fiends was released with no publicity. I appreciate Nick bringing back fan favorites, but I wish they'd better promote their new, original animation series.

Last edited:
Didn't Doug get the least attention out of all of them? Heck even though some liked Doug, it was the least popular from what I seen. But I'm in full support of new Angry Beavers. I freaking miss that show...

I've always believed this is the only way Nickelodeon can save itself. Gradually its lineup has started to look more and more like that of the...shudder...Disney Channel. TEENick has never been anything other than a steaming mound of crap, and every bit of effort they spend on it is another bit of effort spent digging their grave.

I never was a fan of Nickolodean shows except for Rugrats, which I felt lost the element that made it most unique in the spinoff. (Its all about making the world look bizarre in the eyes of the tots, that kind of thing is just cliche if they're teens)

If this rumor is true (don't have time to do much research on it so I'm going on the topic title), then I'm more interested if this turns out to be a trend; I want to see WB and Disney's cartoons make a comeback. That said, how do I know this isn't some bloke trolling the fans of animation on the internet?

Last edited:
TEENick has never been anything other than a steaming mound of crap, and every bit of effort they spend on it is another bit of effort spent digging their grave.
That's not true! :C
It had some decent shows. I laughed a lot while giving a chance to the newer shows like Victorious or iCarly... though iCarly gets boring after a few episodes, with only one thing you actually laugh at in the end.

I'm leaning more towards fake. While executives love rehash city, Nick isn't going to convince Jhonen Vasquez to come back for more ZIM, and they didn't exactly leave the Angry Beavers team on good terms, either.

And yeah, Disney owns Doug.

It would be cool to see the WB cartoons from the mid-90s come back, perhaps. Freakazoid was like a tasteful and intelligent Family Guy.

Oh how I would love for this to be true. Best shows ever.
But even if a good majority of them start up again... I'm REALLY doubting we'll get any Zim. We'll see though. :U

That's not true! :C
It had some decent shows. I laughed a lot while giving a chance to the newer shows like Victorious or iCarly... though iCarly gets boring after a few episodes, with only one thing you actually laugh at in the end.

Victorious is the stupidest show I've ever watched, and my mom agrees, although my sister thinks otherwise. iCarly was decent at first, but now I can't bear to watch it.

IMO, I think this is just a false rumor.

*checks pulse*
Nope I'm not dead and in heaven. I shall now show my support for this by posting ASCII Art of the logo for the one series I want to see return above all others. Ignore the 1s.

Code:
[B][I]DPDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDP[/I][/B][I]111111111
11[B]DPDPDPDPDPDPDP[/B]11111111[B]DPDPDPDP[/B]11111
1111[B]DPDPDPDPDPD[/B]111111111111[B]DPDPDP[/B]11111
11[B]DPDPDPDPDPDP[/B]111111111111[B]DPDPDPDP[/B]111
[B]DPDPDPDPDPDP[/B]1111111111[B]DPDPDPDPDP[/B]11111
11[B]DPDPDPDP[/B]1111[B]DPDPDPDPDPDPDPDP[/B]111111
1111[B]DPDPDP[/B]111[B]PDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDP[/B]111111
11[B]DPDPDP[/B]111[B]DPDPDPDPDPDPDPDP[/B]111111111
[B]DPDPDP[/B]111[B]DPDPDPDPDPDPDP[/B]11111111111111[/I]
Danny Phantom?

Any sources besides some other forum?

And god no, Danny Phantom was horrible! Terrible humor, ridiculous plot lines, stupid dialogue, and the ghosts shot fucking lasers. If nothing else, that last one is what made it a stupid show.

Last edited:
Thats just great. Hope cartoonetwork also does this and brings back toonami and all the good shows with it. Back in the day I used to always enjoy cartoonetwork and nick (slime time!) Both networks went to butt with the lame shows added, but cartoonetwork turn into a pile of buffalo shit. The shows I really want back are catdog and zim.

Then again hearing this on a website called 6`theory`.com, this could just be false info to excite old nick fans. I think ima just stick with the funimation channel until this is confirmed.

Last edited:
Any sources besides some other forum?

And god no, Danny Phantom was horrible! Terrible humor, ridiculous plot lines, stupid dialogue, and the ghosts shot fucking lasers. If nothing else, that last one is what made it a stupid show.
What is wrong with shooting lasers? That is a really weird thing to nitpick a show for to call it "stupid".

Danny Phantom was epic for its first couple of seasons. When creation of the show transferred to new management, it became terrible.

I want to wait until we get an actual list, instead of just giving us a few examples with an "etc" at the end of it. For Invader Zim, that's a maybe. Nick knows about the cult following, and high DVD sales. So hopefully, Zim will be one of the returning episodes. The only way this whole thing would be a bad idea is if it airs in Nicktoons Network.

Freakazoid was like a tasteful and intelligent Family Guy.
I... totally wouldn't make that comparison in the slightest.

I mean, yes, Freakazoid was better (and had its fair share of "manatee gags" as South Park puts it), but the concepts are so vastly different. I mean, slice-of-(incredibly weird)-life comedy circling a family vs. a pastiche of superhero shows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back