[Open Assets] Murderball.soc - A weapon replacement/Enemy weapon option

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D00D64

Probably Responsible
srb20138.png

D00D64, just what the heck am I looking at here?

That is a Blue Ball.

A Blue Ball with MURDEROUS MOTIVES. If given the chance, it will murder you, your family, everyone you ever loved, anyone that ever loved you, and your little dog too.

But how can a Blue Ball kill me?

Why with thok items and sparkles of course.
ESPECIALLY LETHAL sparkles.

srb20139.png

Sounds lame.

Okay, it's not THAT great. But it replaces the bounce ring, which I doubt that many people use.

The what now?

Exactly.

Basically, it's a small weapon I put together when trying out soccing. The Murderball fires waves of additional balls made from your thokitem (so they change color too), and they damage opponents. However, if you hit with the thokitem balls and not the Murderball itself, it'll keep going instead of disappearing upon contact, so if you want to hit multiple targets, hit them with the SIDE of the Murderball, rather than the ball itself. A small item just for messing around with. I don't even really know if it's all that "release" worthy, but hey, someone may have fun with it.

So, here's some really terrible screenshots!

srb20127.png

srb20141.png

I swear, it's impossible to get a good screenshot with this thing.

And as for downloads, there are three: A mirror for the one that replaces the Bounce ring, one that replaces the Red Ring for a REALLY crazy match (or Single Player Ringslinger use), and one that puts it in an empty slot for soccing onto enemies.

Slot info: Takes up Freestates 1820-1824.
Also takes up empty slot 331.
Enemy soccing version takes up slot 330 as well.

Murderball (Bounce Ring replacement)
Murderball (Red Ring Replacement)
Murderball (Empty Slot 330)

Despite what the below says, you may use it for whatever. I don't care.

Last edited:
"God, D00D64, this is awful. Go die in a fire, plz." ~Joke time.

Now, to get serious and on with the topic.

Same with Torgo, D00D64. I, too, haven't gotten the chance to play them yet. The screenshot's seem to display what effect actually takes place when that MurderBall is used.

This post will soon be edited with my thought's on the wad.

Tried it out and I was expecting it to instant kill anything *sigh*

It works just fine in Multiplayer and it is capable of hitting multiple people.

The only suggestion would be to use the Bomb Ring explosion to surround the ball instead of the current one, it looks kind of weird and out of place, but that is nothing major since it works.

While I was playing this on a netgame, everyone was scrambling for bounce. I was lucky if there weren't already 1-3 people waiting for it to respawn. D:

Tested it and, why do I need a second shotgun with a extreme fire rate to replace my handgun? It's a nice concept, but I fell it should be routed through scatter shot instead of bounce or red rings. Just my half rate thoughts. However, overall, it is a good weapon, and a much better shotgun than we have had in this game for a long time.
Final rating: 5/10

Tested it and, why do I need a second shotgun with a extreme fire rate to replace my handgun? It's a nice concept, but I fell it should be routed through scatter shot instead of bounce or red rings. Just my half rate thoughts. However, overall, it is a good weapon, and a much better shotgun than we have had in this game for a long time.
Final rating: 5/10

...Are you insisting this weapon was made to be... BALANCED?
Pfft, no, just something I made when screwing around with socs.
And if was routed to scatter, it would shoot the projectile in all 4 directions, which makes THAT super OP too. I should include a version like that for my next update, if there ever is one...

In response to DOOD64, no, I was giving a 60 second review based on 45 minutes of game time. The post was meant to be a compliment on the fact that this is probably the best weapon I have ever seen for this game. I was not insisting any thing. Ha, the southern boy with no clue how to code make suggestions to the unofficial angry reviewer of the site (once again, a compliment), are you nuts? I would have to be an idiot to try that. All I was trying to do was get my point across, which was originally that this basically replaces scatter, even if it is not routed that way. You people can be so sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back