MS down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On purpose. It seems that I am still the only one to join by batch file, and as such, the only one to actually go here. It tells you to go away and that Logan needs a break.

I wouldn't mind hosting the MS server on my computer for the day since I don't usually use my computer that much anyways.

I wouldn't recommend using any, if all, applications that require intarwebs connection... I get 5 second mIRC lag when I open up world of warcraft. Then again, maybe my connection sucks.

I guess Logan got his Christmas present after all. The fact that the Master Server is down could be a godsend for us all, and slow the rule-breaking servers. If they think they got banned, they won't bother trying to reconnect for a while. Ergo, we all get some time off to relax after the MS goes back up.

@SS64: To host your own MS, you have to compile it, then run it in the command line with the following syntax:
Code:
MASTERSERVER 28900
And then have people change their MS settings in-game to [insert your external IP here]:28900

Kaysakado said:
@SS64: To host your own MS, you have to compile it, then run it in the command line with the following syntax:
Code:
MASTERSERVER 28900
And then have people change their MS settings in-game to [insert your external IP here]:28900

How do you compile it? (the rest I get) edit: 192.168.1.104:28900

edit 2: Command line?

No, your external IP is the one you find at places like here. And to compile it, you need Dev-C++ and the neccesary Devpacks, then you go into the source, go into the tools folder, then into the masterserver folder, then use Dev-C++ to compile MasterServer.dev.

Kaysakado said:
No, your external IP is the one you find at places like here. And to compile it, you need Dev-C++ and the neccesary Devpacks, then you go into the source, go into the tools folder, then into the masterserver folder, then use Dev-C++ to compile MasterServer.dev.

Then after you compile it, then what?

edit: I think I'm done. try connecting

Still can't find.

the command line.
edit: is this it?

menu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back