Pokémon Sun & Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROTOMDEX

Hi. The hype train ride to Alola is nowhere near over, folks. Doesn't look like PokéAmtrak is derailing just yet.

Every Pokémon is now Rotom - Most of this stuff we kinda already figured out. The typings of the legendaries, and some characters, are new.

Oh, and June's Manaphy month. As a download. The usual. Just a reminder.

Sogaleo's a Psychic/Steel? Now I'm calling bullshit

Everything else looked pretty cool though, but Rotomdex practically stares into your soul.

I still think PokeHawaii is even funnier than PokeFrance for some reason. Regardless, this still is looking great to me. I just hope that the outfit customization from gen 6 returns because that girl's hat is beyond stupid looking.

I just hope that the outfit customization from gen 6 returns because that girl's hat is beyond stupid looking.

That's true, the girl's hat is pretty lame. When I first saw it I immediately thought:
latest

I just hope that the outfit customization from Gen 6 returns because that girl's hat is beyond stupid-looking.

I just realized that her hat looks something similar to a hibiscus flower, which, y'know, is typical Hawaiian fare for a clothing design basis, but yeah it looks really quirky as part of the hat. Their designs as a whole right now pretty much beg for customization, so no doubt that it's returning.

I really like the direction they are going with these games so far. Makes me wonder if we'll see any new stuff with E3 coming up seeing that they revealed a lot yesterday.

Four player free for all? Hmm...

Boy I can't wait for everyone to spam Earthquake

Speaking of E3 updates for Pokemon, I really love the new layout design of the battle HUD. I can definitely tell that the developers are making the game easier for newcomers to pick up and play with the new option to view your opponents status effects with how much it's raised and lowered, which I really appreciate. However, I am a little iffy on the fact it now tells you what moves are most effective on Pokemon and which are not. It's just a small nitpick but I don't want the challenge of knowing what move will work best on this Pokemon to be slightly less difficult.

That sounds like it should be a defaulted option in the settings. I mean, I like how they wanted to make it easier to jump into, but don't baby the veterans.

How is that "babying"? All it's doing is removing the middleman of having to memorize types and compare against type charts. The Mystery Dungeon games started doing it and it was a nice addition there. There's a lot more to Pokemon than the type charts, anyway.

I'll also note that IIRC you need to have encountered the Pokemon before to get that information. It's just making it so you no longer have to memorize what type every Pokemon in the game is, which as more and more Pokemon get added is becoming more and more difficult.

How is that "babying"? All it's doing is removing the middleman of having to memorize types and compare against type charts. The Mystery Dungeon games started doing it and it was a nice addition there. There's a lot more to Pokemon than the type charts, anyway.

Which Mystery Dungeon did they start doing this? I haven't played since Explorers of Time. Really want to get back into the series.

I'd be hard-pressed to remember whether GtI or Super started it. You oughta play both, though; the 3DS entries did a lot to make the game more pleasant to play through, especially Super.

According to Serebii.net, the next batch of news for Sun and Moon is to be released on the official sites on July 1st. Could be something new like:

The one koala Pokemon or the dog Pokemon that is supposed to be a Rock type.

I love Bruxish, it looks really absurd

Drampa, Togedemaru and Cutiefly are everyone's friends

Starter Evos when

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back