And they did it again! TraceRace: Spaddlewit's new game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charybdizs

>WTB lamp oil
Administrator
Kart Krew™️
Ever played Mario Party?

I should be more specific. Does this minigame look familiar?
MP_Crazy_Cutter.png

Crazy Cutters! Hailing from both Mario Party 1 & 2, the object was to test both your speed and agility, in outlining a somewhat irregular shape. The champion of the game was the one who could cut it most accurately in the allotted time frame.

Following in the footsteps of its worthy predecessor, Spaddlewit's new iOS game works on the same idea: simple and yet addictive gameplay.

TraceRace! Quite a departure from Roly Poly Putt, you likely won't be seeing any familiar textures in this game. But to be honest, I can't tell for sure, as I have yet to give it a spin. There is that Roly Poly Putt demo-tape in there. :p

The game features two gametypes: Arcade, and Speedrun. Arcade gives you a set amount of ink, and challenges you to complete as many traces as you can in the given time frame. Speedrun focuses on you completing as many traces as fast and accurate as you can, within a given time frame. You can keep track of your high scores, and see them in comparison to other top players' scores.

TR_2.png
TR_3.png
TR_5.png

And the best part about it? It's free to play! So those of you with any iOS systems, grab your gear, and give it a go! Gotta support your locals, right? I can't, still don't have anything iOS. :(

And lastly, here's the Launch Trailer for those of you who care to see it in action.

Discuss!

TR-sitebanner4.png

Rob said:
This and this and this also read like advertisements. News on new games and the following discussion is what this section is all about, dude.

Last edited:
Shame it's only iOS once again. I've actually decided to look up "TraceRace" on the Google Play Store and found a game with the same name, but it looks... weird.
This actually looks like a lot of fun.

Of course another only iOS game. It's like android gets the crap end of the stick when it comes to neat games and such.

That's because Google provides crap support to game developers.

Sweet! Did you manage to figure out how to make it run C in Java, or did you have to convert the entire code?

Holy hell no, rewriting the whole app would be a nonstarter. It's using JNI.

Just found it now while browsing the Google Play store for Roly Poly. Since nobody else has commented I'll give it a go and edit this post when I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back