Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

Reveal/Villager: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvudMu-5kIU
Mega Man: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX2KNyaoNV4
Wii Fit Trainer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBoL1Ic9uWw
Smash Bros. Developer Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ
IJkmiss.png

Today during its pre-E3 2013 Nintendo Direct, Nintendo revealed that gaming icon Mega Man would be joining the Super Smash Bros. franchise, which is due to debut on Wii U and 3DS in 2014. Debuting during a lengthy CG and gameplay trailer, Mega Man appeared in his classic "Blue Bomber" iteration, complete with Mega Buster, numerous Robot Master abilities and his trusty dog, Rush.
Mega Man wasn't the only new character revealed during the Direct. An opening trailer highlighted "The Villager" from Animal Crossing, who not only can dig pits to trap his enemies, but chop down trees to damage them. Both Mega Man and The Villager will be accompanied by stages from their respective franchises.

Nintendo also confirmed, by debuting gameplay footage, the return of several classic characters, including Mario, Samus Aran, Fox McCloud, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Pit, Bowser and Princess Peach. Stages revealed included the classic Battlefield location, a level set on the train from The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Mega Man's Dr. Wily Stage, an Animal Crossing location, Skyloft from Skyward Sword, a stage that appeared to be set in Kakariko Village from Twilight Princess, a Nintendogs level, and more.

Based on the Nintendo Direct, it currently doesn't appear that Masahiro Sakurai is making significant changes to the Smash Bros. formula. Gameplay appears to retain its core 2D mechanics, with the 3DS visuals more or less being on par with GameCube's Melee (along with slight cel-shading) and the Wii U version being considerably better. No official titles were given to either project.
http://www.smashbros.com/

The game being on multiple platforms should surely bring it out to more people. The Megaman trailer was a huge surprise and I honestly didn't expect him to show up, especially on Day 1. The game is set for 2014. If there's one reason owning a 3DS or Wii U, it's Super Smash Bros.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing trailer, I wonder if 3ds and Wii U will have new different characters to the game.

WE ALL HAVE WAITED, I MUST GET THIS!!! But this look like it's similar to brawl the moves look the same for mario. I thought they were going to add someone like Sora from "Kingdom Hearts" since people wanted him in the game so badly but I'm not really sure if he's in the game. But based on this trailer I just saw It look's like it's a little better, and the title screen look's ALOT more like a fighting game. Megaman I would expect in this game, I also hope nintendo keep's Sonic and add's character's like shadow and knuckles.When I saw the newcomer "Villager" I was speechless I thought they were joking... But I guess nintendo was serious just like the character Mr.Game and Watch he was a serious character that people used.

EDIT: So I just realized wii fit trainer is in the game and now I‘m thinking there‘s useless characters in the game. Honestly that is some serious joke character. I would not expect a character like this.

R.I.P 3DS Buttons.

Last edited:
That's soo... awkward. Of all possible people, why that?

tumblr_inline_mo93i4Lmou1qz4rgp.gif

Well. . .
3sql1w.jpg

Honestly this isn't new when it comes to fighting games. But to be fair, most of these (joke) characters can be rather entertaining to play with, or even a challenge to master for competitive play. As long as the character has some remote entertainment value and use, I can't complain, and Wii fit girl already feels as if she fits that definition just from her little exhibition alone.

But hey, it can always be worse. . .we could have him as part of the roster. . . or another clone of Fox and Captain Falcon. Who knows, there may be possible DLC characters? I wouldn't mind Ray MK II from Custom Robo or little mac. . .

Well, someone pointed out, if joke characters like this are getting on the roster... then what serious characters may be in store (besides megaman)? I wonder if there are good surprises or if jokes are all nintendo has up their sleeve this time around.

They will probably announce more third party characters closer to release. I'm just curious on what the main campaign will look like with the Wii Fit Trainer...

EDIT: And if they bring in Assist Trophies, I bet the Wii Fit Balance Board will be a Distraction Trophy like how the Nintendog and Mr. Resetti were.

Last edited:
I think the game is very promising, the graphics of it arent that important to me. Having Megaman means that the game will get WAY more sales, lol.
I really hope that from the Mario Universe, That Rosalina becomes playable (Its amazing that she is more wanted than Daisy...) and Waluigi become playable, and for The Kirby Universe, add the Bandanna Waddle Dee (Spear Waddle Dee). I also hope that pokemon from Generation 5 (Which will most likely be in the game) are good pokemon and not horrible picks (I think it may be the starter pokemon and their evolutions + a rare).

I'm hoping for Toon Zelda/Tetra to be added since she was planned for Brawl but just wasn't added and the fact that the whole Wind Waker HD will be coming out this year so it would make sense to throw her in. Also playable Mii. Another thing I want is more costumes for characters, not just color wise, but more like how Wario had his Ware costumes and his classic costume and such. Like example Link could wear any of his clothes from any older games, not just color wise. Oh also another feature Brawl was originally gonna have too that I would like to see is battle damage.

Last edited:
First off I find it ridiculous that they're seriously adding in the Wii Fit Trainer. :c
I think Mega-Man and the Villager from Animal Crossing are much more OP compared to the regular character set, the villager being the most of the two. If Smash fans thought Meta-Knight was OP then the villager is gonna make them go insane... aside from that the aesthetic changes take the best of Brawl and manage to improve them more. I really hope more fitting characters are added in and that most of the Brawl newcomers end up returning.

I think Mega-Man and the Villager from Animal Crossing are much more OP compared to the regular character set, the villager being the most of the two. If Smash fans thought Meta-Knight was OP then the villager is gonna make them go insane...

What grounds do we have to say they're OP? The weight of those moves in the trailers could have been done to those at high percents since we never saw the UI in those.

Smashes can be charged, and are known to deal lots of damage at full.

Plus, they might've tweaked the percentage system so it takes less damage to get in the 100s.
The point is that Megaman has the only projectile-based Smash attack and it does significantly more damage, along with the need to not be at close range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back