Sonic Lost World and Mario & Sonic at the 2014 Olympics Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit annoyed that it's only going to be on the Wii U and 3DS. If the 3DS version isn't going to play like another Sonic Rush I might give it a go. Otherwise I'll just have to miss out since I have no interest in getting a new console and I'd rather stick to my PC.

1. Sonic Losts Worlds
2. Mario & Sonic
3. One more

Not that many, especially if the third is a spin-off.
I'm guessing it's Soinc 4 Ep. 3 but then that would exclude people who don't own a Wii U and/or a 3DS.

But after seeing the news of Facebook, I jumped for joy. I'm just hoping that Lost Worlds doesn't play like a Rush title or a Boost to Win title (ex. Sonic Generations). Also, I hope they step out of their comfort zone and try to go with Sonic Adventure gameplay again. Only this time, done right.

EDIT: I just realized that the new titled Sonic game has the same title as Blade's project. Talk about a coincidence lol!

Last edited:
Sonic x Mario Kart? I'd personally hint at that being more of Sonic being IN Mario Kart than an entire crossover game.

As long as he's running I'll be perfectly OK with this.

Or at least in a vehicle that isn't super clunky and out of place for a big-headed anthropomorphic hedgehog.

I just want to say that the "volcanic area" in the Lost World screenshot doesn't look volcanic to me at all. Instead, I see it as an autumn forest with a dark red hue. But that's just me...

Because I have both a Wii U and 3DS I'm not very affected by Sonic going back to Nintendo.

Anyways, the Lost Worlds game looks pretty damn good. The planet kinda reminds me of D.A Garden and a board game combined.

I'm not very interested in the Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games sequel, because I don't really like party games.

Though, the rumors about the third game is very intriguing.

That preview seems interesting, and the "revealed" versions are hilarious.

And no one will ever expect that the true villain was the shrimp all along.

I see no boosting in that trailer. Someone at Sonic Team's getting fired.
That's because the core mechanics surrounding that are being changed up:

As mentioned, Sonic Team’s greatest challenge was maintaining a sense of speed for the series while finding controls that made sense. The result is now that, by default, Sonic doesn’t burst off with a tilt of the analog stick. He walks – until you use one of the GamePad’s triggers to engage his running speed. This too is actually not full speed. Holding down the second trigger will pull Sonic into a ball, giving him access to his full momentum, which Iizuka likened to the ‘Boost speed’ from previous titles. By creating a tiered structure to movement, Sonic Team is hoping players will be able to navigate the wide range of level designs, exploring and running as necessary.
This might sound terrible upon first hearing it, but it sounds kinda like what Spyro did on the PS1 - you have a normal, highly-controllable walking speed for basic platforming, then hit a button for a less-controllable fast speed option to get across areas more quickly. In Spyro's case, that also did head-butts; Lost World moves the attack functionality to a third, even faster mode (and presumably a much-less-controllable one to boot, encouraging players to not spam it).

If this means that momentum during fine platforming segments feels more like a Mario game - that is, snappy and incredibly responsive, as opposed to the kinda sluggish momentum gain Colors and Generations are plagued with - this is probably a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back