Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS & Wii-U)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueTenguMan

Been working. . .
monsterhunter3ultimate.jpg

TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z648qIBejT0

To be honest, I've never once played a Monster Hunter game, not even Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii mainly due to financial reasons, or some other game taking my interest away from it. The furthest I've seen of Monster Hunter was only gameplay videos and playthroughs, many of which that made me wish I could play it. However. . .as of a few days ago, I finally got my hands on the demo release of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for my 3DS, and I love every bit of it. Oh wait, what is this "Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate" I speak of? Pardon me. . .

wiki article said:
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (モンスターハンター3アルティメート) is an expansion of the Wii title Monster Hunter 3 (Tri), released on the Nintendo 3DS alongside a Wii U version that supports 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p resolution graphical output. The game has been confirmed to arrive by Capcom's Dubindoh from Capcom-Unity. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is scheduled to be released in North America and Europe during March 2013.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate reintroduces the underwater combat that was left out of the Japanese-only sequel to Tri, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. This is the first time that weapons such as the gunlance, bow, hunting horn and dual swords have been featured in underwater combat. The game also introduces G rank, a level above high rank that features a new set of quests, harder monsters and improved weapons and armor. This will be the first time G rank has been present in a Monster Hunter game since Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, and the first time ever for a third generation Monster Hunter title.

The game will obviously include more sub species and a new type of monster as well, and possibly more coming in. Also, just to let you know. . .online multiplayer will only be available to Wii-U users, so 3DS players (like me) won't have that privilege unless we so happen to have a Wii-U; Details in the spoiler.

In what has to be one of the most obtuse networking ideas ever developed, Nintendo has unveiled a LAN adapter that will allow gamers to play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for 3DS online. Nintendo and Capcom have been touting the cross play compatibility of the Wii U and 3DS versions as a major selling point of the game; you can transfer your progress from one to the other and join in with friends even if you have different versions. However, one major difference is that the Wii U version features online play while the 3DS version doesn't.

The LAN adapter solves this problem by allowing the 3DS version to join non-local Wii U games. There are some drawbacks to this, though. First, the Wii U needs to be running a “relay download tool” that can’t be run with the home version of the game– in other words, someone can’t be playing the Wii U game along with the 3DS game. Also, the 3DS version cannot create new parties; they can only be invited to preexisting parties started on the Wii U game.

http://www.nintendojo.com/news/news...kes-3ds-monster-hunter-3-online-play-possible

Discuss. . .

It does look like an interesting game, I'll try the demo later. But... why do they need a LAN adapter?
Heroes of Ruin for 3DS has online play and it does it pretty darn well, and it doesn't need no fancy adapter-give-us-more-money magic.
p.s. anyone wanna play Heroes of Ruin?

It does look like an interesting game, I'll try the demo later. But... why do they need a LAN adapter?
Heroes of Ruin for 3DS has online play and it does it pretty darn well, and it doesn't need no fancy adapter-give-us-more-money magic.

Well from the way I'm looking at it, I guess they couldn't make two separate servers, or combining connections from both 3DS and Wii-U into one individual server would be pure connection horror. . .or Capcom being Capcom. I'm not too sure. What's funny though is that Monster Hunter 4 (which is purely 3DS exclusive) will have online support *shrugs*

Last edited:
I kind of hate the fact that the 3DS will not have a online mode of its own. It would be neat if Capcom patched it into the game down the road relatively soon. Who knows? They may decide to do something about with a huge amount of complaints, but I am not going to count on it at this point unless Capcom themselves do bring this up and says they will do something about it.

I tried the demo itself and it was a blast for me being a person who never played a Monster Hunter game before. Never expected it to be so much fun.

p.s. anyone wanna play Heroes of Ruin?

I have yet to play that, then again there are other games I have yet to play either :p

I guess since most of us have played the demo, who had a hard time with Plesioth? I eventually (and cutting it close by the time limit) beat the bloody walking/swimming abomination with the Bow, but have yet to it with the Long Sword. . .

I've played some of the monster hunter games, each time they make another one it is better than the last. I've seen the this one month ago except it wasn't a really a trailer, more like a sowing of it's new features, the hd graphics is AWESOME.
Problem:
I want to get PSVita, but 3ds has ... monster... hunter.
Which... console... should I get... first?

Last edited:
Well if you're expecting PS Vita to have Monster Hunter, allow me to be the bearer of bad news that it's a very high chance that it won't, and any rumors saying that it will should be taken as false, unless said otherwise; maybe an HD release of a past Monster Hunter, but for now, no real possibility of happening. If you really do want MHU3, and if it's possible that MH4 will make a western & EU release, perhaps a 3DS.

OF COURSE. . .vita users will still get a shot at Soul Sacrifice which is suppose to be Monster Hunter's competitor, not to mention that Kenji Inafune is behind that project~ It's really a matter of your own choosing :p

Last edited:
The PS Vita doesen't have much going for it at all, your best bet is the 3DS, if for nothing else but its better library and price. The PSVita is looking poorer than even the PSP was.

I guess I'd better buy the 3DS, (because it has my favorite games like MH3U, KH Dream Drop Distance and Mario games.)

With work filling up most of my schedule and stuff, I haven't really got the chance to bump this. . .

Considering this being my first Monster Hunter game in years, I will say I feel very very satisfied with my purchase. I will assume from the method they choose for starting you off in a (slightly lengthy) tutorial session for the first hour or so was to break in the player of the mechanics of the gameplay, daily material farming/grinding, etc. As for starting off with the "Sword & Shield". . .you'll be able to change weapons via your room in moga village and changing your weapon equipment I think instantly or later on when you first start.

As of Now I have a full Great Wroggi Armor set (Upgraded twice) and a Wroggi Revolver bow, already taking on 3 star missions, and I'm currently farming a lot of materials so I don't have to spend too much money on arrow coatings. At the moment, I'm making preparations to solo Barroth, a rather pesky monster to take down due to it's rather durable body and lack of real weak points.

Last edited:
With work filling up most of my schedule and stuff, I haven't really got the chance to bump this. . .

Considering this being my first Monster Hunter game in years, I will say I feel very very satisfied with my purchase. I will assume from the method they choose for starting you off in a (slightly lengthy) tutorial session for the first hour or so was to break in the player of the mechanics of the gameplay, daily material farming/grinding, etc. As for starting off with the "Sword & Shield". . .you'll be able to change weapons via your room in moga village and changing your weapon equipment I think instantly or later on when you first start.

As of Now I have a full Great Wroggi Armor set (Upgraded twice) and a Wroggi Revolver bow, already taking on 3 star missions, and I'm currently farming a lot of materials so I don't have to spend too much money on arrow coatings. At the moment, I'm making preparations to solo Barroth, a rather pesky monster to take down due to it's rather durable body and lack of real weak points.

Ah... SPOILERS!
I haven't got the game yet!
But I don't mind, did you get it on 3ds or Wii U.

Eh, I had the game on the Wii. It's still fun by yourself but it truly shines when you're with a party of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back