Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm gonna pose a challenge to players willing to do it.

A mod by the name of Pandora's Box exists which can give several chance occurrences. The challenge is to spend one month Minecraft-wise using this mod.

Start off creative, make 2 enderchests, and place 30 of the Pandora's Box into it. Swap to Survival, and play. Every morning in MC, pull one out and use it. This adds a sort of random luck challenge to the game. Add more stipulations as you please. Decide that you MUST do it with whatever's in your inventory, change it to night so if you get a bad effect, you'll also multiply it with mobs.

I did a variant where I used one every 3 days, but that proved tiring and still a bit dull over time. That first time I used it though was pretty shitty. Blew up my house and I swear, I thought it was out of range...

The mod is available here. Install with ModLoader and go from there.

I might try to make a video series on this when I feel like it.

For your Green Hill needs: sunflowers!

wDbx92N.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/1kf5ss/jeb_sunflowers_will_show_directions/

EDIT: Lavender too

xAPeMHq.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/1kf4m2/new_flowers_shown_by_jeb_on_his_instagram/

Last edited:
Inbefore everyone recreates Green Hill Zone with those flowers.

I wonder where you can get those flowers anyways. Probably a new biome?

Wi1Q8mO.jpg

Yep. If there's nothing new to find in those new biomes though like new structures, mobs or challenges, I hardly count that as that much content... hopefully Dinnerbone has another creative thing up his sleeve, like using a Nametag renamed to "grum" or "dinnerbone" on a mob causes it to flip. I love that "easter egg".

Yep. If there's nothing new to find in those new biomes though like new structures, mobs or challenges, I hardly count that as that much content...
I don't expect much new content. They are releasing a new version every 2 or 3 months with a huge list of bug fixes and improvements and a little of actual new content. In my opinion, that's the best long-term design decision.

For 1.7, I see the devs are bringing back a bit of the beta terrain generation with cliffs, canyons, fancier and non-bald mountains. UI improvement. The number of biomes will almost double. Oceans will have 2 biomes, a coastal and a deep one, I'd expect something special here, dunno.

----

New mesa biome?

Disco biome?
wink.png

(the truth)

----

More: http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/1gq27w/jeb_talked_at_dreamhack_last_weekend_and_revealed/

Last edited:
Minecraft isn't really something you do, it's something you're in. A lot of people who don't like Minecraft look at it as something that must entertain them, but really, It's something you must entertain yourself in. There's not really much of a story, so you can go off and build castles and fight your way through ancient mineshafts, or you can sit on your butt in a dirt shack, it's really up to you. Minecraft is a game where you must entertain yourself, the game's just there to put you in an exotic and easily manipulatable enviroment with plenty of game mechanics to fool around with, it's got the game style of Garry's Mod, except you (usually) have to survive and work for what you achieve in the game.

Aaaannd? :roll: what with his philosophic messages anyways

Anyways,does it mean MC 1.7 features a new terrain generator?

Sorry, I was refering to the first post and I forgot to quote it.

And yes, MC 1.7 will be featuring a new Terrain Generator, biomes will now generate more realistically, such as deserts will no longer spawn next to taiga and no more infinite oceans.

1.6.3 is being released tommorow/some days and it's just bug fixes. Yay.

(Source: Mojang blog (pre-release of 1.6.3 + 1.7 snapshot too)

If you, like me, like the old beta terrain generator, then I recommend the mod "Better World Generation 4". If you, like me, like big trees, then I recommend the mod "BigTrees".

https://minecraft.net/realms

Anyone got $13/month they need to get rid of?

That is so dumb. I can host a server for free without that crap.

You know nothing about server hosting.

Indeed. I don't know 100% but I'm pretty sure running one yourself costs over $50/month, minimum, for a world barely 2000 blocks in radius.

$13/month for an infinite-sized world? Forget about not having mods (yet), That's a god-damned steal!

You know nothing about server hosting.

You wanna bet, smarty pants?
For 24/7 server hosting, you have to pay for it monthly.
I can host a server by myself using Minecraft's free server hosting software, so as long as I'm running it, my friends and I can use it together. I don't have to pay a cent.
The server software that they have FREE TO DOWNLOAD on their site generates infinite worlds, and you can use SP worlds with it, too.
By the way, it's not nice to make assumptions, Wolfy. I'm not a complete idiot like you seem to think I am.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back