Pokemon X and Y Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say I disagree with you, ShadowHog. I feel like ever since D/P the plot did take a step up, specially in Platinum. It really depends on how much you bother about it (read: how many times you tap A instead of actually trying to read).

Have to agree too since B/W and it's sequel did nail at a plot involving the actual point of why humans are even using pokemon in the first place. Could sound generic, but it really executed well for a pokemon game (Also, why no one include the decent story around Coliseum and PKMN: XD as well??).

What DID turn me off about it though is that the actual story felt pushed in your face since you're normally adapted to the same formula as ShadowHog had mentioned, and them BAM!!! Something story & moral related, blah blah blah. On one hand, it's a nice wake up call for not feeling like a zombie for playing a similar formula again and again, on the other hand it can be freaking annoying, but could be much worse. . . other than that it's pretty good. Still hate most of the designs IMO.
=================

Anyway, it's nice to see an actual pokemon game in a 3D format again, and it does look good for the most part; some clean up could be used on the hub worlds IMO. . looks so pixalated. Also I wouldn't mind in the future if they made customizable trainers for once, but that's just a personal wish. So, how many of you thought of Chestpin as Oshawatt's country cousin? XD

On one hand, it's a nice wake up call for not feeling like a zombie for playing a similar formula again and again, on the other hand it can be freaking annoying, but could be much worse. . . other than that it's pretty good.
It's nice, it's annoying, it's good.

Make your mind up

It's nice, it's annoying, it's good.

Make your mind up

My bad, I messed up that sentence. Meant to say the plot can be a little forced at you sometimes times, but other than that it's a good story. B/W 2 is just the aftermath of the events of B/W, and apparently that plot can be a little confusing if you haven't played the first (( if you start off with PKMN White, then you need to get PKMN White 2; same applies with PKMN Black)). . .personally I barely mind it since I stated with the sequel and saw playthroughs online for the first, that and B/W 2 obviously has more content.

Last edited:
I was watching the Direct when the announcement was made and pretty much fangirled. It totally wasn't what I was expecting, and yet better than I could have possibly imagined!

Last edited:
This is the first time that I think the supposed legendaries look bizarrely alien and really, really cool.

I don't play Pokemon anymore, but I'm always interested to see what inspirations and / or lifeforms the latest batch of monsters takes after.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

So it's finally confirmed that Mewtwo is in fact getting a new form in Pokemon X/Y ...just why?

I think it's nice that the older generation pokemon are finally getting more recognition along with the new ones. Now all they need to do is give some of old ones more evolved forms to make it interesting. I'm looking at you Tauros and Farfetch'd.

Still, whilst X & Y look alright in terms of presentation, it could have a bit of a tweak to make it look less pixel-like and I want to find out more about the story and what it has to offer before I make a final decision of getting one of these versions.

Generation 5 pulled off the story brilliantly especially B2W2, though the pokemon designs were hilariously awful. So far, Gen 6 isn't doing a too bad job of pokemon designs. Some look fine and others look weird, especially the water starter.

I think it's nice that the older generation pokemon are finally getting more recognition along with the new ones. Now all they need to do is give some of old ones more evolved forms to make it interesting. I'm looking at you Tauros and Farfetch'd.

Didn't Gen 4 already do plenty of that? Quite a bunch of pokes from all the first 3 gens got evolutions and/or pre-evolutions there.

I just wish that the new form of Mewtwo was just another Pokemon. I bet the requirements to change Mewtwo into this form are ridiculous. Then again, we'll just have to wait until the games come out.

Last edited:
I knew it! Everyone said I was crazy but I knew it! I wonder what it's weaknesses are and if any older Pokemon will have this type.

I was hoping Mawile would get an evolution, not an Xth form ((Dot hack lingo. . .))

Despite how conflicted I feel about this, I am curious about the concept of "Mega Evolution".

Hey guys.
No info has been said about them. Maybe they don't increase the stats, but change how the points are put (kind of like formes for most pokemon besides Kyurem, where he actually gains some). Maybe it's just to get Fairy type more used in the game without making the WHOLE new generation Fairy type.
And about "overpowered Pokemon", I highly doubt that'll happen. Pokemon is one of the most BALANCED games out there, with the right moveset and training one Pokemon could almost certainly beat another one. While they do split into tiers among the hardcore players, you can be fine not going by it sometimes. How will Mega evolutions even make a Pokemon overpowered if MANY of them can do it, making a new "tier", rather than one Pokemon that outclasses everyone?

Hey guys.
No info has been said about them. Maybe they don't increase the stats, but change how the points are put (kind of like formes for most pokemon besides Kyurem, where he actually gains some). Maybe it's just to get Fairy type more used in the game without making the WHOLE new generation Fairy type.
And about "overpowered Pokemon", I highly doubt that'll happen. Pokemon is one of the most BALANCED games out there, with the right moveset and training one Pokemon could almost certainly beat another one. While they do split into tiers among the hardcore players, you can be fine not going by it sometimes. How will Mega evolutions even make a Pokemon overpowered if MANY of them can do it, making a new "tier", rather than one Pokemon that outclasses everyone?

It is more likely that they will change stats, mainly the ones who have been lacking in stats. Not only Pokemon have been getting new abilities (prime example, MegaLucario has Adaptability), but it is expected that Pokemon may get new types like Ampharos whose Mega-Evolution form is Electric/Dragon.

Also there are some Pokemon that get outshined by another Pokemon who can do their job on a team better. What I am waiting to see is how much will this affect competitive play and if new strategies will come from whatever this game offers.

Maybe it's just to get Fairy type more used in the game without making the WHOLE new generation Fairy type.

Actually, it's already been confirmed since a while back that older-generation pokemon are gaining the Fairy type as well. Wouldn't think the Mega evolutions could be solely to promote the new types, I'm sure of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back