SRB2 Juicebox: A New Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will make my effort! Making serious effort, y'all.

Not when you're getting banned from the main SRB2 IRC.

You are being a complete ass and using your "11-year-old Autistic" title as though that justifies it. I'm sorry, but on behalf of all SRB2, no it fucking does not.

Sorry, but you aren't getting into the Juicebox, and you can give up trying to get back onto the IRC. Your actions with spamming Charyb, speaking of how your autism and ego is a problem but that you should get away with the shit you do because of that, and saying you'll sick your dad on us, no. You are done.

Moderator Notice:
Removed lines unrelated to the topic. Please keep the forums civil. Just because you're dealing with a kid doesn't mean you have to act immature in response.

Last edited by a moderator:
What Katmint said. Due to a... nasty round of griefing,
2013-01-19_02.04.02.png

we had to roll back the server by about twenty-four hours. But take heart, because at present, the problem seems to be solved. If it somehow isn't, then please let me know ASAP.

Never. Wasn't that made painfully clear in a multitude of ways? I'm not even involved with this server and I know that you'll never be whitelisted. Find another server to play on.

How have you not installed a block logger yet? They are basically essential to any server.

I'd actually have some questions I need to ask you, Cue, so next time I can, I'll be shooting you a PM or catching you on IRC or whatever works best. I'm running out the door right now, though.

Alright, to everyone wondering what happened to the server, sorry for the wait.

Here's what's going on:

First off, the server had to go down because of two issues, one being bad memory leak errors, the other being how absolutely terrible Exodus Hosting is. The server itself kept cutting out, sometimes for hours, and I had to monitor the status of the server constantly.

To start with the second issue, it will be an easy fix. I'm simply going to have to find a suitable host. There are plenty out there, I just have to find one with reasonable pricing. This will obviously mean an IP change, so keep an eye out here and in IRC, and when all is complete, we will have a new home.

As for the first issue, that is a bit more complicated. We should have had a new version which defeated the memory leak long ago, and Sp47 made us believe he would have one ready soon, but he never actually worked on anything. After a month of silence from him, I finally talked to him, and essentially since he himself got bored of the server, he has no further initiative to do jack with it. Which is a real issue. Obviously I was pissed off, and it took me a little while to figure out what I wanted to do with the server, now handling it on my own.

Since then, I've decided that I want to continue running it, but it will take some time for me to get a pack set. Because of the really unbearable client lag some players were getting, I've been taking apart the pack with a few others in order to identify the culprit. Once that is squashed, it is just a matter of compiling the mods together, and uploading it to the new host. Admittedly, I'm somewhat of a beginner at this, because Sp47 always did it before, but I can handle it. The good news is, the new version of the pack is going to have a significant number of new and possibly different mods this time around. As is appropriate, I'm going to ask you all. Are there any mods you would really like to see implemented?

May I suggest the Hardcore Enderdragon mod? As I've said before, the fight as it is now is an absolute joke with the items we can get from the other mods we have.

I know four simple mods that I would like to see in the server:

1 - Liquid UU Matter.
Very simple: You can transform solid UU Matter into liquid and put it in tanks! You can also duplicate other liquids (like oil) with it. The mod only have one machine, it works like a furnace, a macerator, an extractor and a compressor, but it only works if you feed it with UU Matter
Link: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=8269&pageNo=1

2 - ChargePads
It charges your stuff when you stand on it, you just need to feed it with power! Theres a tier 1 (batbox), tier 2 (MFE) and tier 3 (MFSU).
Link: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7892&pageNo=1

3 - Extra Bees
Adds more bees, machines to modificate their DNA and etc. That one is a bit hard to explain.
Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...1x-dev-build-revolutionize-your-bee-breeding/

4 - Thaumic Bees
Another mod for bees, but it mix Thaumcraft and Forestry! You just research new bees and new things for them.
Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...r-mod-for-forestry-thaumcraft-updated-feb-16/

I would want Gregtech, but it's too complicated to even understand how those machines work :P

I think we posed a music mod earlier in the thread... Gonna just quote it real quick.

Yes, in fact, you said it yourself, Charyb :P

Version Six of the Juicebox is on the way, and we'll be adding a few mods assuming everything goes well. Those being:

• Mo' Creatures, after the disappointment of not having it this time. This is assuming the creator of it fixes the problems in it. It's not promised, for sure.
  • Enchanting+, a mod that changes the way items are enchanted entirely, giving the player more choice.
  • Audiotori, a mod to allow for custom music packs that allow new songs in minecraft. If it works out alright, we'll be making a server set of songs, including replacing the in game discs with town themes. However, that would be entirely optional for the player, as you can change it back to the vanilla set easily.
I guess you were planning to add it, though. Regardless, we should be ready for it :P

Personally I'd like to not see the server get bloated with mods people wind up not using

computer craft when mostly unused outside the library

Steeves carts were also basicly unused as far as I could tell

Soul Shards were really unused as I never saw a fully functional spawner from it

Mo’ Creatures was esscientially disabled so I never saw it in action

I've been using Steve's Carts. And Soul Shards. I know Bloodshot was using Soul Shards too. I like the variety of mods, everyone can do something they choose.
Also, Aether please, as long as the party system doesn't wreck things.
Dunno why it should, but go figure.

Theres a reason why Computer Craft is rarely used. Nobody (or at least, almost nobody) on the server knows LUA, but that does make it unused. I used a code that I found in Youtube to make my XP and drop farm.
It's always something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back