Spiral Knights - A open source/cross-platform MMO (Now on steam!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started playing this game quite sometime ago, but left it due to having little interest in the game. Around a week ago I started playing it again and somehow got hooked into it. I have no interest in leaving it this time.

FFFFFFFFuuuuuuu
I can't play for a week from now and they are doing a Power Surge. Oh well, I'll have to work a tiny bit harder to get my last 4 star gear and get access to Tier 3 (Which from what Flame showed me, is HELL. I preffer exploring the Nether in Minecraft).

Yes I know I know bump and all that, but I'd like to discuss some features which have been added to the game (and will be added) which are awesome and some of us from the community have actually been playing the game and using them.
The main feature which I want to tell you all about is that our Guild in the game- Sonic Robo Knights- has it's own Guild Hall, and it's magnificent. It's also got a storage with items which we did not require that we dumped, so if you want to play the game and need something to start with, we've got it.
You can find screenshots of our Guild Hall here. And yes we did forget to do some Christmas cleanup... *shrug*

Moving on, the main feature which is going to be introduced to the game quite soon is called Battle Sprites. Those are basicly pets! Battle Sprites continue to level up the more you use them (duh) and will gain new skills as they do. There are 3 main kinds of Sprites, which can branch out into different effects/paths.
There is the Drakon, which will be an offensive pet and will attack your enemies!
Next is Seraphynx, which is a divine-like cat, which will boost your party's stats.
Finally is the menacing Maskeriath, which will inflict your foes with status effects before you hit the final blow.

So yeah, you might want to get in our Guild and be ready for those features when they come. We also have a Mist Well which basiclly means you can play a lot more, craft a lot more, and progress faster. I will be monitoring the Mist Well and adding to it more, if needs be.
Also here's a picture of Drakon with a Knight.

One thing you forgot to mention, SK now has Missions.

There are 4 types of missions: Rank, Prestige, Expansion, and Arcade. The Rank Missions are a neat little way of going more into depth of the story behind Spiral Knights, and lets you easily beat the bosses without having to run a gate to get to them.

Prestige Missions are 3 missions that change every day, but can only be played once per day. There is a Clockwork Mission, Supply Mission, and a Danger Mission. Danger missions are, as the name implies harder levels than the other ones.

Thirdly is the Expansion Missions, there is only "one" mission here so far, Operation Crimson Hammer. It's pretty much a boss run like the ones in the Rank Missions, although you are given special DLC only items from it. But like all DLCs you have to buy it, it's normally $5.95, but I managed to grab it when it was on sell for $1.48.

And last of all there's the Arcade Missions, which is a quick and easy way to get a gate run started without having to walk to the Arcade to start it.

Along with the missions, they added a new Party Finder. It lets you quickly find others who are trying to do missions you are wanting to do, making it easier to get in a group so you won't die as quickly.

Double post and a bump, but this game got a huge update. One that breaks on of my biggest complaints in the gave, removing mist energy. And also added in a ton of new features, like Battle Sprites, Spiral Knights own "pet" like thing!

You can get a full list of changes here, I would love to see some SRB2ers come back to this game again so we can explore the clockworks and stuff.

Oh yeah, that. One of the other changes is that the grind curve is now much steeper. Heating your gear requires zillions of missions due to the chance of failure eating your fire crystals and the fact that you only get one level per forge that consumes all your heat, even if you have enough saved up to go from 1 to 10. You have literally no incentive to party up now that pickups are instanced. Also, sprites apparently suck without spending tons of time and energy on feeding them. My impression so far is that the changes are intended to rope a bunch of new players in, get them addicted, and hope they buy lots of energy to keep advancing.

At least the new revive system isn't being used to make people bleed energy. Sparks of Life drop with surprising frequency.

EDIT: Apparently, the stated forge chances are lies, and you're nearly certain to fail without spending triple crystals on the Max forge. GG Three Rings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back