Pokemon X and Y Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't saw that one coming. However I can't play it when it comes out since is for 3DS and I don't have one and if I'm correct it doesn't exist a 3DS Emulator yet.

Last edited:
HOLY COW, I WANT THIS GAME!
That fire starter looks pretty cool and the grass one looks alright. I'm not so fond of the water one though. Was kinda disappointed to see that it'll only be for the 3DS systems, though I can definitely see why that's the case.

Also, I'm glad that they're using that battle style similar to Pokemon Stadium with all them dynamic camera angles and such.

I'm not too big on Pokemon but I really enjoy the Colosseum approach in the visual apartment. Much more dynamic and flavorful to the eyes besides having bland backgrounds with flashing, static sprites.

I'll definitely keep an eye on this one.

Surprising that they're going to release all over the world at the same time for once, at least that means I won't have completely spoiled everything for myself by the time I get it.

It is about time they were to go full 3D! Now I wish I had a 3DS. I guess I'll enjoy the Let's Plays instead...

Wow, these games look amazing! I especially like Fennekin, although Chespin looks a little silly. At least this time the fire starter probably won't be yet another Fire/Fighting one. If only I had a 3DS...

...Pokemon X and Y? Some effort they put into those names. Third version is clearly going to be Pokemon Z! (unless they're going to pull another Black2/White2 this Gen - Pokemon XX and Pokemon XY anyone?)

Also, what, 3D models instead of sprites? Sounds almost like catering to the masses, the sprites were totally fine. :( Then again, it's for the 3DS, so I can't really complain much.

The Pokemon revealed so far don't really look as ...Pokemony this time round for some reason. The names don't seem right either. Maybe I'm just being too picky here. =S

Though the fact it's being released worldwide this time round seems reasonable at least - bit bothering how stuff is spoiled in the Japanese version long before the English versions arrive everywhere else. Though honestly I can't help but feel a bit disappointed. Perhaps it's just that the nostalgia factors seem to be disappearing. Can't really see myself getting these versions, even if I did have a 3DS to play them with.

What is there even to spoil? You set out to be the very best like no-one ever was, go beat 8 gym masters for their badges, bump into a nebulous evil organization with horrible security and stop them, bump into your rival more than you'd care to, beat the Elite Four and the current champion (I'm assuming this is your rival more often than not, based on RBY, but honestly don't know), and then go fighting against all your friends with the teams you created from that quest. It's not like Pokémon has ever been known for its plot.

I have to say I disagree with you, ShadowHog. I feel like ever since D/P the plot did take a step up, specially in Platinum. It really depends on how much you bother about it (read: how many times you tap A instead of actually trying to read).
Also MI, I actually feel like Models are better. Have you seen some of the sprite animations of some pokemon in B/W?
MUHHH
Do not want.

I don't consider that a spoiler.

...really? They're the whole basis of the game. The creatures you fight with, the creatures you fight against. And certainly not to forget the legendaries that are hidden somewhere for you to find or used for epic near-finale battles.

Though it's your opinion anyway, I guess I can't stop you there. Not wanting to cause an argument or anything. =S

...really? They're the whole basis of the game. The creatures you fight with, the creatures you fight against. And certainly not to forget the legendaries that are hidden somewhere for you to find or used for epic near-finale battles.

Though it's your opinion anyway, I guess I can't stop you there. Not wanting to cause an argument or anything. =S
Yeah, I don't consider that a spoiler at all, since it's not exactly a plot event. As far as I care, it's me looking over the roster of a fighting game. A really, really big fighting game with around 100 new fighters, as well as all the old ones from earlier entries. Admire the character designs, posit which lineup would fare the best (although admittedly I sucked at this in RBY and wouldn't expect I'd do much better now without a hugeass guide)... I suppose some people would want to keep that kind of thing a surprise, but I can't say as I would.

So is this the 6th Generation of Pokemon? Generation 5 felt like it didn't last long. Hope they keep the dream world up. I'm kinda looking forward to this...

EDIT: My friend just looked it up as well and they say October it is coming out. So let's just say late 2013 cause this month could be false.

Last edited:
I don't really don't like the Pokémon games although, this game does look rather good compared to the others.

I'm exited to play this game, but the pokemon look even worse then Gen 5, Its terrible. I played gen 5, and loved it, but I couldn't STAND the pokemon, sure there are exceptions, but Ice cream? Gears? Chandeliers? Comeon gamefreak, step it up.

Plus, I hope the character sprites in the game are not like this in the final version. They look like Dragon Quest VIIII character models.

The new generation is probably called XY (Z) because of the three planes for 3 dimensional objects. Also, I can't wait.

I'm exited to play this game, but the pokemon look even worse then Gen 5, Its terrible. I played gen 5, and loved it, but I couldn't STAND the pokemon, sure there are exceptions, but Ice cream? Gears? Chandeliers? Comeon gamefreak, step it up.

Yeah they should have some more original and imaginative pokemon like this generation 1 specimen here

1122162-tangela_large.gif

In other news, this looks awesome, and it is cool to see Nintendo going outside the box with this series. I was looking forward to The Infinity Labyrinth, as Pokemon Mystery Dungeon has always been my sweet spot, and this is even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back