Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, SRB2.org is having some serious memory problems, for unknown reasons, resulting in the server being taken down. Until the problems are solved, it will need to stay down. Sad, for sure, but rest assured, your creations will be safe, and we aren't going to pop over to a new world anytime soon. Anyways, we can't do that AT LEAST until you all visit the End. :3
It's just unfortunate that this happened right during all the excitement of 1.4.

Here's hoping the problems are solved soon~

prettyscaryaslkjadsjkladsjkl.png

server plz

Now that's a very creative trailer. I've been playing the update, I have to say it's pretty awesome. Hope the server is fixed soon.

I've been playing around with picture frames, it seems that everything that goes 3D when placed (not like vines or bars) is also 3D in the picture, so placing a torch behind the frame (or a lever) can create:
*Color coded levers (with wool)
*Color coded wooden buttons to fire at (the frame will come off though, and its impossible to reach the button when the frame's on the same block with right click)
*Using anvils or cobblestone walls makes the best torch holders! You can also put stairs in frames whose direction changes depending on the angle you were when placed it. Can't put upside down stairs though, or upside down slabs.

It's quite awesome.

Alright! The minecraft server is up, on temporary host, at 108.183.87.123

As long as the memory issues with SRB2.org persist, I'll host it here. Keep in mind, though, I can't run it 24/7, though I'll do my best to come close. It's not actually my own computer it is hosted on, but it is rarely used. So on occasion, it will obviously be down, should he actually choose to use it, or in the event that someone decides to turn it off to "save power". In this event, just let me know, and I'll get it back up as soon as I can.

Also, we have a working whitelist as long as it is here. I believe I have everyone whitelisted, but if you still need it, just let me know on IRC, Steam, or PM.

Get ready to enjoy 1.4~

Sadly, because of the unsolvable memory issues, the server on SRB2.org is down. Permanently. Shed a tear for Xanthous Tower, Celestial City, and the many beautiful things we had going there.

But on the bright side, Sp47 and I have been formulating some plans on what to do now, so expect updates within the next two weeks.

To my understanding, the srb2.org server is having memory issues irrespective of Minecraft. Y'know, the actual server hosting the site and all its various subpages.

So that's why my Monitor.us account (which I still have SRB2.org on...) is throwing a fit.

Has it been two weeks already? Not according to the timestamp. :p

But regardless of that, it will be soon. Keep an eye out here later today and tomorrow. Actually, it's so big I might just make a new topic for it.

New snapshot... thing.. yay? It's week 50!
Here's a video because I'm lazy to mention all the features, but I'll mention some of the important ones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beCgkWkULrA
*Dungeons now have Enchanted books, which makes the Anvil much more useful rather than "oh there's anvils in the game now". It gives you more of a sense of exploring.
*Enchantments and the use of Anvils is now expanded. Firstly, new enchantment- Thorns! Comes in levels I to III. When an entity damages you, it has a chance of taking back some damage. However, whenever that happens, it eats up some of your precious durability! Oh noes!
Worry not though, you can now counter that! Enchanted Books of Unbreaking (I~III) can now be used on pretty much ALL tools with Durability. That means Armor, too! Got a precious piece of armor you don't wanna lose? Just throw it in the Anvil with the book. Boom.
also fireworks now have sounds

Since I didn't do a week 49 post here, I'm assuming not all of you know what "Enchanted Books" are. Simple- You take a regular Book (1 leather, 3 paper, not the editable one) and put it in an Enchanting table. Depending on the levels you put in it will get ONE Enchantment on it with a certain level. You can then put that book in the Anvil with a corresponding tool to enchant that item with said enchantment.
Also for all of you guys who like decorations, you can put Silk Touch I Books in the Anvil with Shears, and you can now keep the cobwebs from Abandoned Mineshafts! Think of all the possibilities~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back