SRB2 Juicebox: A New Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charybdizs

>WTB lamp oil
Administrator
Kart Krew™️
Juicebox.png

The SRB2 Juicebox, our community's very own minecraft server and modpack. Think of it as the child of Furyhunter's server, and the grandchild of Cue's server, before that. One big happy family. Except all the parents are dead.

The most significant thing about our modpack, is that it is fitted with a large amount of useful, entertaining, or just plain interesting mods. At the same time, it has a large emphasis put on balance. Though anyone can get the low tier items native to vanilla minecraft and such, in a day or two, there are also items that will require that you put a large amount of time into collecting resources, processing them, and building them. Don't let this turn you off though. We're not stupid enough to ask you to modify your own jar. In fact, we're not even stupid enough to make you sacrifice compatibility with vanilla servers! The Juicebox™ comes in a handy MultiMC instance, all packaged up real nicely for you. It need not even go in your .minecraft folder, and it definitely won't mess up your jar. However, since we are not allowed to legally distribute the minecraft.jar, you will have to insert one by yourself.
You can find the Juicebox modpack, and the enclosed instructions, at our IRC chatroom, #srb2juicebox, on irc.esper.net

This server, however, is not hosted on SRB2.org like the last ones. It is hosted on Exodushosting.net, and costs $45 per three month period. That is where any of you players come in. For the purposes of keeping the server going, it would be awesome if you could throw a few dollars into the server fund, every once in a while. While Sp47 and I will be pitching in our parts, it would be great if we could have some backup, so we don't have to shoulder the entire load by ourselves. If you have the will and the means to do so, you can help us out with this handy donate button right below here.

Server Rules:
Black Area
Breaking these rules are grounds for immediate banning.

1. No Griefing
    This falls into numerous terms:
    * Destruction of anyone’s creations without permission.
    * Raiding other players’ chests.
    * Mass terraforming or terrain destruction without the permission of a moderator/admin.
    * Purposefully taking advantage of a mod’s capabilities to do any of the above.

2. Disregarding and/or ignoring a moderator/admin.
    They are here to maintain peace, and a fun playing environment for involved parties. If they tell you to be quiet because you are annoying other players, be quiet.
  3. Be respectful of others.
    Don’t verbally grief players. We don’t want to see any fights, and hurtful teasing, or any plain old mocking going on.
    Don’t build in someone’s backyard.
    Unless you’ve been given express permission to do so. Be mindful of other peoples space. If they’ve built a farm, don’t build a hut in the middle of their farm. If they’ve built a house, don’t build a rollercoaster that goes over it. If you’re in a multi-room building that is being shared, don’t go and knock down someone’s wall to make room for your hot tun. Give people the space they need.

Grey Area
Breaking these are generally looked down upon, but will usually not get you banned.
  • Leave the spawn area alone.
    Please refrain from destroying any of the spawn area, from the crashed space capsules we all came to this world in, to the library features. Wait until you are past the library to harvest any wood or such.
  • Watch your language
    Though a certain amount of swearing is to be expected (and sometimes appreciated), we do have some younger children who play here, so be respectful of them, and any parents looking over their shoulder.
  • Clearly mark any of your buildings
    In that case, we know whether a building is abandoned or not, or who to contact if for any reason it should need to be moved, modified, or torn down.
  • Do not block rivers
    Obviously there are legitimate exceptions to this rule, but some people like to use boats, so keep these people in mind, and build over, or under. Or, provide an alternate way around.
  • Type in coherent English
    We understand that you may not have English as your primary language, but to be properly given help or to understand what you are being told, we encourage you to type well.

White Area
These are encouraged throughout the server.
  1. Learn the mods
    We are aware that the Juicebox has a numerous amount of content additions that can be confusing, but we encourage you to look at the information for the mods provided to have a basic groundwork for how you should learn and adapt to these. We don’t like to see anyone left in the dust or overwhelmed due to not knowing how to use the tools provided.

At the same time, don’t take advantage of what you are provided. Using these to break the rules above will be followed with a swift punishment.

2. Know your Moderators
    The Juicebox has a numerous amount of people to help keep the peace throughout the server. It’s recommended to know who you should talk to in case of an emergency or event that needs someone’s help. The list of Moderators is as follows:

Charybdizs
    Sp47
    CoatRack/SRB2Knockout
    Blade/FlareBlade
    Katmint/Katsy

If we are not in-game to help you, you can always reach us by visiting #srb2juicebox.
  3. Don’t get overwhelmed.
    While the mods provided can be quite a thrill to use, don’t hop into everything at once. You don’t even need to learn every single mod. Part of the fun of this is that it encourages players to retain some of their individuality in terms of skills, while also encouraging people to help each other, and spur trade.

Mod List:
Current Modlist (v4)
Included are the mods added, along with their addons and links for information. Also included is a list of people who know the mod well, in case you have any questions or need any help.

IndustrialCraft 2 (Wiki) -Sp47, and DavidJX8P
A content pack that adds elements such as electricity, nuclear power, and additional armor.
Addons
- Advanced Machines (Forum)
- Advanced Solar Panels (Forum)
- Gravity Suite (Forum)
- Petroleum Generator (Forum)
- Nuclear Control (Forum)
- MFFS (Forum)

BuildCraft 3 (Wiki) -Sp47, Srb2Bloodshot, and Scizor300
A content pack that adds automated alternatives to many activities, along with advanced transport systems.
Addons
- Logistics Pipes (Wiki)
- Additional Pipes (Currently lacks information for a general overview and recipes. Will be updated once it has some)
- Thermal Expansion (Wiki)
- Forestry (Wiki)

Red Power 2 (Wiki) -Charybdizs
A pack that expands upon Redstone by providing a greater amount of wire types and additional circuitry.
Addons
Wireless Redstone CBE (Wiki)

ComputerCraft (Wiki) -Charybdizs
A mod that adds elements such as computers and robots for assistance in mining, security, etc.
Addons
Misc. Peripherals (Forum)

Extra Biomes XL (Wiki) -Anyone
Adds many more biomes to the mix of biomes available in Minecraft.

ThaumCraft 3 (Wiki) -Fyrus, Spherallic
Introduces magical elements such as wands and arcane research.

RailCraft (Wiki) -Charybdizs
Expands upon the rail systems in Minecraft by adding numerous ways to customize them, including Cart dispensers and elevator tracks.

Steve's Carts (Wiki) -dogjedi
Adds not only ways to customize the appearance of your kart, but also adds features such as solar power and seats with steering capabilities.

Twilight Forest (Wiki) -Suroguner, Sp47, Charybdizs
An alternate world featuring animals such as deers and other passive forest creatures, and bosses such as Liches

Balkon's Weapons (Wiki) -Charybdizs, FlareBlade, MetalRawr
Adds many new weapons, ranging from a spear to a full-on cannon.

Portal Gun (Wiki) -Charybdizs
Adds the Portal gun, along with other Portal elements such as turrets.

MystCraft (Wiki) -DavidJX8P, Charybdizs
Adds alternate universes and dimensions

Soul Shards (Forum) -MetalRawr, Sp47, Charybdizs
Adds the ability to collect mob souls and eventually fuse them together to create spawners.

Nether Ores (Wiki="http://thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/Nether_Ores"]Wiki[/URL]) -Sp47
Adds Overworld ores to the Nether, though they are much more unstable and can possibly explode when touched.

Obsidian Pressure Plates (Wiki) -Anyone
Self-explanitory. Obsidian plates are only triggered by players.

Omnitools (Wiki) -Sp47
Adds a single tool which allows editing of various separate mods, such as buildcraft, industrial craft, and a few others.

Mo’ Creatures (Wiki) -Charybdizs
Adds many more creatures, along with ways to tame some of them.

Backpack (Wiki) -Anyone
Adds more storage in the form of craftable and carryable backpacks.

Chicken Chunks (Forum) -Sp47, Charybdizs
Adds an item that keeps chunks loaded even when a player is out of range.

Factorization (Forum) -Sp47, Charybdizs
Adds a number of unique machines and devices that mesh well with Buildcraft and Redpower.

Rei’s Minimap (Wiki) -Anyone
Self-explanitory. Adds a minimap to the top-right that displays player position.

Enderstorage (Wiki) -FlareBlade
Adds a form of private storage that works across chests with specific codes. Functions similarly to Vanilla's Ender Chests except the storage is bound to a certain code made with dyes.

Inventory Tweaks (Wiki) -Anyone
Offers additional ways for one to organize their inventory.

Not Enough Items (Wiki) -Anyone
A fusion between Too Many Items and Recipe Book. Improves upon crafting by highlighting available recipes that use the highlighted item.

Optifine (Wiki) -Anyone
Gives additional graphics customization options to improve performance.

2012-12-10_02.46.30.png

We have lots of fun. We should get a group picture with everyone on the server at once.​

Last edited:
Your timing is impeccable. I was JUST making my list of games to buy. Now I have every reason to own Minecraft...

I''ll make the move to pitch a bit of cash in on this to help out as well. Anything to keep the tide rolling.

:D :D :D
I haven't been on any good minecraft servers lately, and ever since our last one died I have been one sad panda. Glad to see we're going to have a new one up! Also, what is ExtraBiomesXL?

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I drew a panda and made it my avatar because of this post.

Last edited:
See that canyon in the screenshot? That is a small sample of what ExtrabiomesXL can do. It adds countless new and fantastic biomes to the game. Also, speaking of pandas, did I mention Mo' Creatures?

Somewhere in my gut I had a feeling we were going to have a server like this. . .gut feeling was right. I won't mind donating maybe $5 per pay check since this looks like it's worth it

I don't really like the sound of a server packed to the gills with mods, honestly... Vanilla still has some features I haven't adequately looked into, but here we are making things significantly more complicated.

I don't really like the sound of a server packed to the gills with mods, honestly... Vanilla still has some features I haven't adequately looked into, but here we are making things significantly more complicated.
I'm actually in agreement with ShadowHog here. I can deal with it, but I'm pretty sure my inventory will be highly centered on the Vanilla stuff.

I might throw a couple bucks into the cost now and then, if I come up with the extra after my own expenditures.

So your reasoning is that since you haven't completely learned vanilla, we shouldn't have mods?

I think it sounds heavenly! I don't know about you, but one of the funnest prospects of minecraft when I first got it was thinking of all the stuff I hadn't figured out yet. It made the game feel big and mysterious. Now that I pretty much know all there is to know about the game, it'll be fun to sink my teeth into some new content.

Oh, so just a personal thing. Alright if you think that, but honestly, I think you should give it a go. And here's my reasoning:

There is a LOT to do in here. To be honest, way too much to do. But the beauty and fun of it is exactly that! You have your specialities! Someone may have mastered beekeeping, another solar power, and another magic arts. Meanwhile, you may have extensively explored the Twilight Forest, having gained an understanding for all the amazing things within. The complexity creates a player run economy that actually WORKS, unlike anything of the sort does in Vanilla. In Vanilla, you can provide all you would ever want with minimal effort and understanding. In here, you can master one of many arts. I'm not even joking. What we've found to happen so far, in playtesting, is exactly that. Sp47 is our machine man, CoatRack is our scout who uses portal stuff to zip around the landscape and find whatever we're looking for. I find myself building most of our structure, and delving into the magic arts. Blade just spends most of his time wishing he had half the knowledge needed to build a nuke.

But really, I highly suggest you give it a shot. Just don't come in with the idea that you are going to learn everything. Because you probably won't, but that is okay.

I agree. I'm not gonna go searching around the wikis of all those mods for new stuff, but if I explore the world and come across... I don't know, awesomemodweapon#14, it'd be cool.
It'd be nice if there was someone kind enough to show me around there though, and it's not as if I don't know some of these mods. I can be of assistance, I think...?

Jeez, as if there wasn't enough to do with hardly five mods, let alone fifty plus. That seems really, really over the top. I mean, it sounds kinda fun, but how on Earth are you going to convince me that playing with fifty-odd mods won't be a bloated mess that becomes incredibly hazardous to use?

Jeez, as if there wasn't enough to do with hardly five mods, let alone fifty plus. That seems really, really over the top. I mean, it sounds kinda fun, but how on Earth are you going to convince me that playing with fifty-odd mods won't be a bloated mess that becomes incredibly hazardous to use?

What are you even talking about? Hazardous?

Nope, but our pack has a few, which you WILL want to use. They'll make getting acquainted with the new things easier.

I fail to see how adding mods makes you guys freak out, as if Charyb and the gang have no standards or something. Of course they'd add the good stuff, and even then the extra options add tons of replayability and just fun rather than being lolhazardous as stated earlier. You don't need to memorize everything there, Hell I bet they even haven't themselves. The fun itself is in exploring and finding these new features, as one of the main joys of non veteran Minecraft players is doing these exact things. Most of you guys backing away and many more stopped coming to the old server simply because there was 'nothing else to do', myself included, as vanilla is universally lacking in content. This to me is a love letter and sort of adds meaning and originality to the server. What was special about the old one? 'Play Minecraft with your fellow forum users'? Sure that's fun, but when half of them don't come back after 2 weeks due to boredom I don't find it so, at least, thats what happened to me.

At least this has a reason the keep me going back in.

That said, add smartmoving to the pack or I will blow your heads off. :V

Last edited:
It may take some getting used to, but I like the sound of this. One thing that worries me though. I see you guys took interest in the Technic pack/tekkit, but for the love of all that is sacred, please don't include Equivalent Exchange as well. I've played Tekkit on SMP, and let me tell you, EE is basically cheating. Everyone will get ungodly rich and powerful within a single day with that bullcrap.

I would still love to see redpower though.

Edit: Also, is there a list of mods for this pack, or are you guys keeping from us till release?

Last edited:
List of mods is still under construction and some mods are pending. Therefore releasing a list now will make people cry about a mod that was in the list but not in the final version.
Isn't it better altogether to just avoid that?
Besides, it's not as if we know NOTHING. There's screenshots, and a short list has been given of some of the mods. It should give you a general idea.
That said, add smartmoving to the pack or I will blow your heads off. :V
yes please

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back