Someone was Permbanned(Instantaneus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that would get you tempbanned. You need to ban evade, and the second user you made to ban evade will get instabanned.

Segmint said:
Sonict said:
It starts with an "S"

Julian's Latest PM said:
To: Segmint
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:24 am
Subject: Re: Hey

The Post Stated Above said:
Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:05 pm Post subject:
No, I'm not referencing you. It's a regular ol' user, just take a wild guess. >_>
Wow, almost a week ago...., still though, that's the day I was talking about anyways. Glad it wasn't me you were talking about though. Speaking of being banned though, I was banned twice for some reasons I was never even explained to.

I have no clue why I was banned the 1st time and the 2nd time it said something about tripple posting and I didn't understand what that was nor was I aware that I did so. I mean, geez not even a PM warning or nothing. I was just banned like that with no questions asked and left in confusion. Anyone wanna clear it up for me so that I don't apparently make the same mistake again?

Kaysakado said:
No, that would get you tempbanned. You need to ban evade, and the second user you made to ban evade will get instabanned.

No, being an asshole in your first posts gets you banned instantly. Mystic said so on page 1.

Julian said:
Wow, almost a week ago...., still though, that's the day I was talking about anyways. Glad it wasn't me you were talking about though. Speaking of being banned though, I was banned twice for some reasons I was never even explained to.

I have no clue why I was banned the 1st time and the 2nd time it said something about tripple posting and I didn't understand what that was nor was I aware that I did so. I mean, geez not even a PM warning or nothing. I was just banned like that with no questions asked and left in confusion. Anyone wanna clear it up for me so that I don't apparently make the same mistake again?

We don't ban people unless we have a reason. You broke a rule on the MB so you payed the price. We have to be this harsh because of all of the n00bs that decide to break every single rule here.

Here is the times when you were banned:

Julian, 09-10-2007, Read the FAQ. 3 day ban.
Julian, 09-14-2007, Do not triple post. 3 day ban.

The only way to stop yourself from being banned is to read the MB rules. That is all.

Sonict

Sonict said:
We don't ban people unless we have a reason. You broke a rule on the MB so you payed the price. We have to be this harsh because of all of the n00bs that decide to break every single rule here.

Here is the times when you were banned:

Julian, 09-10-2007, Read the FAQ. 3 day ban.
Julian, 09-14-2007, Do not triple post. 3 day ban.

The only way to stop yourself from being banned is to read the MB rules. That is all.

Sonict
I understand that, but I still wasn't told why exactly I was banned. The 1st time I was banned the message said read the FAQ, read it about what? What did I do or not do that was in the FAQ? I have too many posts by now to remember and I don't have time to look through the entire forum to see what mistakes I've made being that I'm usually a very busy person.

I'm a famous R&B singer, I mentioned that in the "Introduce Yourself" topic, I wasn't joking about that, I work under Atlantic Records (Same record label as T.I. and Pretty Ricky), I'm a lot of other things too if you've read that subject, so you can imagine how busy I can get. So if I was at least told where that post was I could look at it and learn not to do it again because as fas as I remember, I read all of the rules and FAQs, but I could be wrong, but I have to be pointed in the right direction to be proven wrong.

Secondly, my question still wasn't answered about the tripple posting thing either, what is that? Like posting 3 times in a row in one topic? Or Posting the same thing three times? I just read the rules again and I didn't see it there at all. And I understand why you guys are strict, but I'm no noob, and bending some of the rules doesn't make me a noob either, I mean yeah, I'm new here, but every forum I've ever been to isn't as strict over the lamest things, so I'm not used to it I guess.

I don't know if you've seen my other post about how I don't like drama. If I do something wrong, I expect to be personally told about it out of respect as a human being, I'm nobody's b*** and I don't want to have to leave the forum or be banned over something so trivial when it can be worked out in an adult manner.

I can see that you have a lot of kids on here though, so I can see how out of hand it can get, but I was once a forum admin myself, if I do something wrong and you point it out to me, I'm not gonna act like a kid, completely be oblivious to it and then give you grief about it, I'm not like that, I listen.

I'm a really nice, carefree and humble person, the only reason no one has seen that yet is because every time I try to be nice and humble, I get flamed because people on here are too bitter and immature most of the time.

Sorry about the paragraphing, I don't mean to turn this into an argument, I'm just expressing myself I guess, I hope I don't get baned for it, SSNTails told me I couldn't really get banned for speaking my mind as long as I don't over do it, I mean, I don't really think I'm over doing it though anyways. I'm not gonna be fake and act like it doesn't bother me, I'm no puppet.

I respect your rules, but please, if I mess up can ya let me know before banning me, because chances are that I didn't do it to be a d*** or just to wreck havoc, because I only have good intentions here, if I do something wrong, I assure you it's an accident, not intended to disrupt forum activity.

Thanks for your time.

Well, you seem to have guessed most of it, so I'll fill in the blanks.

"Read the FAQ" is about as self-explanatory as it gets. At the top of the forum listing, there is a section labeled FAQ with the words "READ THESE FIRST, OR YOU WILL LIKELY BE BANNED WITHOUT REMORSE." Odds are, this was the offending topic: http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=9956

Triple posting, as you have guessed, is posting three times in a row in a single topic. It's general internet policy not to do that, unless there is a long period of time between the posts. The reason that's not explicitly mentioned in the rules is because it's considered common sense. If we sat there and spelled out what triple posting, explicit language, and other general internet etiquette was, our rules would be 3 pages long, and quite simply, nobody would read them.

On your other complaint, the reason we don’t give warnings before tempbans anymore is because, quite simply, the system wasn’t working. People would repetitively apologize for breaking the rules and then keep breaking the same rule over and over again, frequently in the same topic they’d just apologized in. It wasn’t accomplishing anything other than wasting everyone’s time. Henceforth, we now consider a temporary ban to be the warning that the user had better shape up quick, or they’ll end up permanently banned. Ruthless? Perhaps, but a 3-day ban was chosen because it was long enough to be annoying and drive the point home.

The solution is simply not to mess up and break the rules. If in doubt, simply don’t post it. Our rules are honestly mostly just common sense, along with “use proper grammar”. While I do agree that the system of punishment is overly harsh, it’s only that harsh because our user base has forced us to be like that. Sonic the Hedgehog's fanbase is a bunch of blithering idiots.

Mystic said:
Well, you seem to have guessed most of it, so I'll fill in the blanks.

"Read the FAQ" is about as self-explanatory as it gets. At the top of the forum listing, there is a section labeled FAQ with the words "READ THESE FIRST, OR YOU WILL LIKELY BE BANNED WITHOUT REMORSE." Odds are, this was the offending topic: http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=9956

Triple posting, as you have guessed, is posting three times in a row in a single topic. It's general internet policy not to do that, unless there is a long period of time between the posts. The reason that's not explicitly mentioned in the rules is because it's considered common sense. If we sat there and spelled out what triple posting, explicit language, and other general internet etiquette was, our rules would be 3 pages long, and quite simply, nobody would read them.

On your other complaint, the reason we don’t give warnings before tempbans anymore is because, quite simply, the system wasn’t working. People would repetitively apologize for breaking the rules and then keep breaking the same rule over and over again, frequently in the same topic they’d just apologized in. It wasn’t accomplishing anything other than wasting everyone’s time. Henceforth, we now consider a temporary ban to be the warning that the user had better shape up quick, or they’ll end up permanently banned. Ruthless? Perhaps, but a 3-day ban was chosen because it was long enough to be annoying and drive the point home.

The solution is simply not to mess up and break the rules. If in doubt, simply don’t post it. Our rules are honestly mostly just common sense, along with “use proper grammar”. While I do agree that the system of punishment is overly harsh, it’s only that harsh because our user base has forced us to be like that. Sonic the Hedgehog's fanbase is a bunch of blithering idiots.
I feel ya, that's understandable then, I guess I wasn't here long enough to know all of that, but it makes sense, thanks for clearing it up for me. As for the 1st time I got banned, I guess because I was new, I was given a warning and then my topic was locked, which was fine and then I never did it again afterwards.

But it wasn't until days after that topic was locked that I got banned and I didn't see any point in that seeing that I have obviously learned my lesson being that I didn't make that same mistake afterwards, so I basically got punished for something I did days prior, and I already learned my lesson and didn't repeat the same mistake prior to getting banned, I guess that's why I was confused.

Also, I wanted to know where it was that I did a tripple post, I can understand it un-unnecessarily clutters the forum, but I didn't remember doing it. But what do you do when you want to reply to 3 people's comments?

Why would you need a separate post to reply to three different people? Just reply to them all in a single post. If you need more quotes, just copy-paste their text from the topic review below the posting dialog.

Mystic said:
Why would you need a separate post to reply to three different people? Just reply to them all in a single post. If you need more quotes, just copy-paste their text from the topic review below the posting dialog.
Tru, I feel ya, didn't think about that I guess.

It did. Here is the irc log.

Code:
[21:56:27] <SonicX8000> [url]http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?p=186125#186125[/url] -> Ummmm... is that link that niceguy29 put...
[21:57:23] <CZ64> It's a bad site
[21:57:25] <CZ64> I'll remove it
[21:58:13] <Torgo> Why link to a bad site >>
[21:58:19] <Arf> What was it?
[21:58:27] <Arf> I hope it was goatse :P
[21:58:29] <Kuja> Why else? for laughs >_>
[21:58:39] <CZ64> There were sexy girls in there, and in one of the ads, you could see a vagina
[21:58:44] <Kuja> It was WORSE than goatse, Arf.
[21:58:57] <Kuja> Mraginally.
[21:59:00] <Torgo> Why not something like...google
[21:59:03] <Kuja> *Marginally.
[22:00:00] <CZ64> And goatse is much worse than that site
[22:00:20] <CZ64> Although the last time I saw it was probably last year or so, and you couldn't see anything anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back