• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Editing Screencap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

I'm sorta curious how everyone sets up their computer when editing, so here is the objective of this topic. Make a PrintScreen of your computer screen right before you're about to start a test of a map you're making, and all the programs you've had open at the time. Obviously, actually be working when you make the screencap, or it won't make much logical sense to do it.

http://mystic.sepwich.com/wadding.gif

Do NOT use the img tags...these images will stretch the tables if you do...

wow... you have so many things open.... and i also see you have the netlauncher 2.4.2... >_> i set up my computer with, internet explorer and mirc on. thats all... no need for a screen shot.

How come YOU get a cool launcher? Oh well, I don't use the launcher anyways.
Next time I work on a wad, I'll post an image.

I can't tell if that's a Mac, a Linux box, or a very nice XP skin.

Either way, if you're looking for anything interesting, you might as well look elsewhere; all I'd really have up is DoomBuilder, since it launches right from there (no need for any separate launchers, just give it the prog location and some command-line parameters and it'll do the rest) and my config doesn't remove any lumps (so what if it takes a few more seconds, it's easier than making a shortcut for every PWAD) so I don't need LumpMod or XWE or DeePSea or anything like that up.

It's a very nice Win2K skin, actually. That's Windowblinds at work. That, and an unbelievably modified installation of Win2K that runs about as smooth as butter on a bald monkey.

Needless to say, though, the new launcher is simply to fix a lot of changes in the way 1.09 deals with parameters.

The new launcher doesn't work in 1.08, and the old launcher doesn't work with 1.09.

The new image on the launcher was due to me begging AJ for some new images because the old ones haven't changed since Demo 3, and I actually settled on that one image. It doesn't change between the sections anymore, and it looks a lot better because of that.

Overall, this topic is rather amusing just because of the sheer variety of ways people set their screen up ^_^()

SSNTails said:
http://www.sepwich.com/ssntails/srb2desk.png
I know you aren't working there...it's not called bigrvz.wad anymore *mauled*

Screencap.

The reason I have those 2 internet explorers up is because when I'm editing, I frequently check the boards, and (If I'm in a netgaming mood) the Master Server.
But sometimes, if I'm reeeally interested in map making at the moment, I'll forget to check them.

You should use Firefox. Not only is it a faster, more secure browser overall, you can monitor two websites in one window using tabs!

Too many broken links!

I can't take a picture right now, but I usually have DoomBuilder, Python, and either XWE or old Lumpy running in a dos prompt in the background.

a441 said:
You should use Firefox. Not only is it a faster, more secure browser overall, you can monitor two websites in one window using tabs!
Frankly, the difference really is negligible. Yeah, I use FF now (just to shut people up, though that won't be happening any time soon), but it wasn't a wickedly awesome new thing like everybody makes it out to be.

Not to mention I have to REDOWNLOAD QUICKTIME before I can use its extension in here. Heck no, I got rid of that file-extension-hogging program for a REASON...

hotdog003 said:
I can't take a picture right now, but I usually have DoomBuilder, Python, and either XWE or old Lumpy running in a dos prompt in the background.
Lumpy... id released their private lump editor to the public? Heh, a bit late now. :P

Well, when I get around to a pic, I'll show it, but the main thing is Doombuilder with the testing parameters open (Like SH, I use DB with SRB2). I also have it set to use Zennode and it also uses SH's config with a few modfications of my own (Most importantly adding the teleport destination and giving its thing class a direction arrow on the map). I always have WinAmp open, in compact form (With my favorite skin), and set to always on top. You'll usually find any or all of the following windows open: AOL (Until cable bill gets paid), mIRC, at least two IE windows (SRB2 Forum, and an about:blank that I use whenever I need to quickly check something, anywhere), and Paint, which I use when there's no notebook around, and when I get a really good idea for anything.

There we go:

Here's one version

For reference, here's the version with WinAmp expanded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back