• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shut Up and Get On It - That DUMP Ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
2103e02558.gif

Here's a preview of the introductory set piece of my map.

tN7uwhH.gif

EDIT:
jQJYn9e.gif

Not the full level, just a demo
last post i promise
also this was started about 3 months ago and was picked up again for this

Last edited:
rRehvS0.png

I miiiiight enter something quick-n-dirty for this, but I make no guarantees whether I'll have enough time to work on it. pay no attention to the busted flats on the other side of that mirror

[[image]

I miiiiight enter something quick-n-dirty for this, but I make no guarantees whether I'll have enough time to work on it. pay no attention to the busted flats on the other side of that mirror

fucking mirrors, how do they work

rRehvS0.png

When you put the mirror, its not necesary to copy and paste the place?

'Sunset' Ruins Zone Progress #1

I've started on my entry, much like everyone else. Some ideas were thrown around, before I decided on a ruins theme much like Marble Zone.

xp1Csgg.png

Of course, the sunset colormap is yet to be added and will be, once I figure out how it will be done. This zone may have collapsing platforms, lava and things like flame jets and such. The layout is kinda inspired by the original zone that this level is based on, as well as Megamix's Dark Fortress Zone.

Hopefully, I can at least get the base layout done.

Of course, the sunset colormap is yet to be added and will be, once I figure out how it will be done. This zone may have collapsing platforms, lava and things like flame jets and such. The layout is kinda inspired by the original zone that this level is based on, as well as Megamix's Dark Fortress Zone.

Hopefully, I can at least get the base layout done.
Ritz has been working on a lot of colormap and palette stuff recently, so you might ask him about it on IRC after you look through the wiki a bit.

You might also want to hit up RedEnchilada for his lense flare script, if you plan on having the sun be visible in the sky.

Last edited:
AeQaCGS.png

I'm still thinking about what to actually put in this level but here's a skybox I'll be using for it.

Little bit late on replying here, but I cannot express how stunned I am at the amount of attention this has received! Like, double my original goal that I thought might have been a bit on the high end? Seriously, thank you all for joining; I'm really looking forward to what everyone enters~!!

That's a great amount of progress, compared to mine that I made in two days so far:

http://i.imgur.com/zV1YGV0.gif

Really cool take on your typical grassland level; feels more like a real-life field than an abstract set of platforms like Sonic levels usually tend to feel. Though, I'd suggest using grass midtextures, since the raised platforms blend with the skybox and make them hard to see. You might also want to add something to give the player a bit of a better idea of where the boundaries are, like a wooden fence. I totally love the effect the skybox has on the ground though, and how it looks like an open area. Really liking your idea so far!

last post i promise

Also last thing to mention (to everyone, not only you): don't feel bad about posting your work here if it keeps you motivated! c:

Last edited:
Ritz has been working on a lot of colormap and palette stuff recently, so you might ask him about it on IRC after you look through the wiki a bit.
Correction, I've been working with the COLORMAP lump, but that doesn't have much to do with the in-game colormap effect, the values of which are apparently hardcoded. I'd be happy to help with anything else, but the lumps I mess with require some Photoshop proficiency and/or a bunch of other tools that technically cost money.

Plus, I've heard that you can have multiple palettes (and COLORMAPs?) in a wad, but I actually have no idea how to set that up, and I know it probably hasn't been tested. I wouldn't mess with stuff like that in a map pack.

Plus, I've heard that you can have multiple palettes (and COLORMAPs?) in a wad, but I actually have no idea how to set that up, and I know it probably hasn't been tested. I wouldn't mess with stuff like that in a map pack.

I've actually used it in a map I was collaborating with someone on and it seemed to perfectly. We used it to simulate sunset coloring because it was overall easier to switch out the palette for just one level than trying to find a colormap that both looked correct and didn't butcher the colors.

Affects the entire level and I think you can only switch them out between levels, so doesn't really help for stuff like coloring water

Last edited:
rl4jljd.png

Nhx0DcA.png

sRF9eCs.png

Still need to polish things.

BTW. If someone asks me for what is this map, just as a secret and an experimental one.

Last edited:
Here are some screenshots of my work in progress map for the community project, I call it Nightlight Ruins Zone.

73229c27e4.png

12d4dc1fdf.png

91c972d4f6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back