Gargoyle v3.1(gargoyle.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update again because I have no life. The last update prevented Gargoyle from aiming his fire shots. This update lets him.

CEZ2 is also possible as Gargoyle. I'd provide a .gif, but I don't know where you got stuck at...? I went through with relative ease.

Can't beat ERZ3, eh?
srb20018.gif

Well then, Yacker has broken life and the multiverse itself.

Why are there so many joke wads? Why can't people just make a serious wad for once? What is this, Sonic Comedy Blast 2?

The best part about this and probably certain other joke WADs is that this still manages to have more gameplay variety than many other character releases I've seen before. Even Chuckles got nothing on this!

Speaking of the WAD itself, I really want to see a super form where the gargoyle leaves it's petrified state, therefore being able to move and fly by it's will, engulfing whichever Match/CTF stage in the flames of hell. That'd be beautiful.

It's nice to see Gargoyle getting the praise it's getting. I expected everyone to either ignore him or hate on him. :P

Speaking of the WAD itself, I really want to see a super form where the gargoyle leaves it's petrified state, therefore being able to move and fly by it's will, engulfing whichever Match/CTF stage in the flames of hell. That'd be beautiful.
Yes. Yes, it would.

CEZ2 is also possible as Gargoyle. I'd provide a .gif, but I don't know where you got stuck at...? I went through with relative ease.

I got stuck at the bit in the dungeon with the hanging platforms over a bottomless pit. There's a platform he can't reach.

I found a glitch while I was on his server. The whirlwind shield lets you breath fire while double jumping, you might want to fix that by disabling fire while jumping or change the fire spiting button to custom action buttons. EDIT: You double jump and fire spits out.

Last edited:
Update! See changelog for Update #4.

GARGOYLE CAN NOW COMPLETE ARID CANYON ZONE 1.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

E stands for Emergency Fix! The death crash bug has been solved! Download the update now!

Last edited:
I'm having a small problem.
Whenever I hover on to a platform that's up slightly higher than me, I have to press the jump button twice to be able to jump again.
Can you fix it?

Turns out this is sort of a bug with SRB2 itself (players weren't intended to have MF_PUSHABLE, which ends up forcing players into using regular physics rather than player physics, but there you go).

Well...
Maybe a new Select Screen Portrait?
I do not complain of the current picture, but it looks something ... simple? I don't know, something more like the other characters? More than that, the character is very well done for being one of the few (So many) Joke characters. Straight to favorites!

I promise this is the final update. A friend of mine found a fix for his jump glitch.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

OK. I lied. Updated again. I had an idea for a new ability because I want Gargoyle to do all the things. Just ... do them badly. So he has a new ability. I swear this thing takes up all my time when I'm not working on school.

EDIT: Update withheld until I find the situation to a huge issue I found after pushing this through.
EDIT2: Bug fixed, thanks to RedEnchilada. Get the new update!

Last edited:
I was just wondering, all abilities work fine in that character, I just for fun tested to add the double jump to Sonic:
Sonic jumps strangely and uses double jump after landing, even if he has no Rings left (which kill him... without loosing a life)

EDIT:
207011srb20016.gif

Strange isn't it?

Last edited:
I was just wondering, all abilities work fine in that character, I just for fun tested to add the double jump to Sonic:
Sonic jumps strangely and uses double jump after landing, even if he has no Rings left (which kill him... without loosing a life)

EDIT:
[image]

Strange isn't it?

You may have downloaded the version I had up that had a big bug in it(which was precisely that: he would jump whenever he hit the ground if the ring requirement was met). Try downloading the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back