New enemy! (SpinnerTurret.soc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
http://www4.ncsu.edu/~whbranno/SpinnerTurret.zip

This is pretty much a killable THZ Turret that fires its shots around in a circle, pretty much making a line of lasers across the ground. This object is free for use in any wads that anyone else is making; it is Thing Type 8002. Hope you enjoy!

Thanks go to Prime_2 and Draykon for helping me out with some of the more complex stuff.

Also, just as a reminder, my Super Sonic Monitor (Thing Type 8001) is also available for use in any wad. I'll probably port my old Air Monitor to 1.09.4 next, since I found some new actions that will make it easier to make and easier to use.

Super Sonic Monitor topic: http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=5403

It probably won't be in 1.1, unless Mystic or SSNTails really like the idea. I really have no idea what stuff is going to be in 1.1, as I don't have access to the document that contains that information.

Also, I made a new object; this time it's scenery. Explosions, for decorating levels that are self-destructing. I plan on using these in a future level, so I decided to just go ahead and make it while I was waiting for Calculus class to start today, since I knew it would be easy to make. Basically all it does is spawn a bunch of small explosions in the area around it. I don't have a test wad for it, but it's Thing Type 8003 for anyone that wants to use it.

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~whbranno/Explosions.soc

These are real good! I think I might use them in my mod that I'm working on. I'll give credit once I post it :wink: .

Wow! Very nice job. :D
I am planing to make the last world for my levelpack (probably some space-zone thing) and this little turret might fit in there.
If I would use it, am I allowed to change the appearance of the turret, for example to make it red (just an idea). Just so that the player can see which turret has which function.
And if I would use it, do I have to write only your name into the credits or the ones of Draykon and Prime, too?

FuriousFox said:
It probably won't be in 1.1, unless Mystic or SSNTails really like the idea. I really have no idea what stuff is going to be in 1.1, as I don't have access to the document that contains that information.

Also, I made a new object; this time it's scenery. Explosions, for decorating levels that are self-destructing. I plan on using these in a future level, so I decided to just go ahead and make it while I was waiting for Calculus class to start today, since I knew it would be easy to make. Basically all it does is spawn a bunch of small explosions in the area around it. I don't have a test wad for it, but it's Thing Type 8003 for anyone that wants to use it.

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~whbranno/Explosions.soc

Crap, I was gonna do that.
Oh well. Anyways, nice enemy. I was waiting to see how it turned out.

Hey, I've made enemies too! D:

I'll admit though, none of them are really as creative as this. *CoughBlackCrawlaCough* Great job FF.

This is some good stuff right here, but is there a way to slow down the turret's spin speed?

I can think of a few good uses for that explosion object as well.

An object that would be kinda cool, is a spring that you can change the angle of its direction. Like the nights stuff. Another one that would be cool is, an object that can flip every thing over (so you would you touch it and you and all other things, would fly towards the ceiling.. and all sprites would flip vertical with it.)... I can just go on and on, so I'll stop now

Super mystic sonic said:
What about a spring that you can carry?

Isn't there a SOC for that?

Shuffle said:
sonicfreak94 said:
Another one that would be cool is, an object that can flip every thing over (so you would you touch it and you and all other things, would fly towards the ceiling.. and all sprites would flip vertical with it.)
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j97/SRB2Shuffle/srb20035.png
*sneaks away* >.> <.<

NVM that one. But it would still be kinda cool. Maybe like a switch that you step on? (told you i can go on, and on, and on and on )

Morph said:
Wow! Very nice job. Very Happy
I am planing to make the last world for my levelpack (probably some space-zone thing) and this little turret might fit in there.
If I would use it, am I allowed to change the appearance of the turret, for example to make it red (just an idea). Just so that the player can see which turret has which function.
And if I would use it, do I have to write only your name into the credits or the ones of Draykon and Prime, too?
The 3 SOCs I've made are public domain; use them however you want.

sonicfreak94 said:
An object that would be kinda cool, is a spring that you can change the angle of its direction. Like the nights stuff. Another one that would be cool is, an object that can flip every thing over (so you would you touch it and you and all other things, would fly towards the ceiling.. and all sprites would flip vertical with it.)... I can just go on and on, so I'll stop now
Uhh, I'm assuming with the spring object you mean changing the vertical angle? Well, that would be sorta possible, you'd just have to give it different horizontal and vertical thrusts, like Prime did with Horzontal Springs. Also, because of this, you'd need to make a new object for each angle you want. As for the object that makes everything upside-down, I don't think that's possible.

Super mystic sonic said:
Again, I don't think that's possible. It might be possible to make a pushable spring, or fake the carrying somehow, but there's no specific action in SRB2 for carrying stuff. You need to realize that SOCs actions are simply based off of stuff already in SRB2. You can't carry objects anywhere in SRB2, so you can't make an SOC that would allow you to. Now, I know you might say "There's no object that spins around like the Spinner Turret either," and you're right. I had to fake the spinning by making the turret shoot at an invisible object rotating around it (by using A_RotateSpikeball). While it looks like it's just spinning around on it's own, it's actually doing what it normally does: shooting at its target.

Actually, in JTE you can pick up pushable objects and moniters with the lightdash button ( or ringslinger, I forget)

Super mystic sonic said:
Shuffle said:
sonicfreak94 said:
Another one that would be cool is, an object that can flip every thing over (so you would you touch it and you and all other things, would fly towards the ceiling.. and all sprites would flip vertical with it.)
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j97/SRB2Shuffle/srb20035.png
*sneaks away* >.> <.<

Ah, I remember. Shuffle's canned Zelda project.

:eek: You still got the Link sprites?

Uh, yayes spinning turnt thing I might someday use. (Once I learn to make levels.)

Kman said:
Actually, in JTE you can pick up pushable objects and moniters with the lightdash button ( or ringslinger, I forget)
Yeah, and SRB2JTE is a source code modification, not an SOC. There's ALOT more stuff you can do by editing the source code. In fact, it's pretty much limitless, as long as you know what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back