MIDIs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, SRB2 members!

I am Ethan, a new fan of Sonic Robo Blast 2.

Since I downloaded the game but a few days ago, I've become addicted to it, especially the music, particularly Green Flower Zone.

I've listened to the MP3s of the game at:
http://www.sepwich.com/ssntails/srb2/history/soundtrack/

As a MIDI compositionist myself, I'd really like to get ahold of the origonal MIDIs for the game. If you could point me in the direction of those, or point the author of the MIDIs to me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ethan

Erm.. why not just play the game with the ogg music turned off for the midi music? o.o
Or maybe extract it from music.dta.

Shuffle said:
Erm.. why not just play the game with the ogg music turned off for the midi music? o.o

...because that wouldn't give you the actual MIDI files I'm guessing.

Please keep in mind that the game is incomplete however (obviously), and so is the soundtrack. You'll probably be asking this question again some time in the future.

Or you could get one of those MIDI ripper programs that rips the currently playing MIDI from memory. I remember that one was made for TGF/CNC (which was downloadable from SFGHQ). It was really buggy though. Whenever I told it to rip one song from a running game, it would place about 200 different MIDIs in the output folder, mostly from the crappy Quicktime Player.

Hyper Tails said:
Or you could just record it using Wave Creator, then delete the excess music.
but that would record as a wave file, he wants as a MIDI file, two different file formats

You're very welcome Ethan.

I have high quality MP3s for the rest of you but they're big bandwidth suckers so I'm skeptical about uploading them. :P

You really do not care for other people do you? When I said bandwidth sucker, I meant on the server, not for people downloading it. Currently, I don't want a single zip file eating up about 1000 MB of my server's bandwidth just yet.

RE

Hiya,

It's been a long while since I've posted here, but I've noticed your original link no longer works. So, once again, I'm looking as to where I can find the MIDIs for SRB2.

Thanks again!
Ethan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back