How do you make a waterfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an FOF, just using waterfall textures.
Alternatively, a whole sidedef set to use a waterfall texture, if you don't want it to go "out" a little.

Ok this how you do it.

you have to be familiar with a water block (see below) to make a waterfall.

step one, first make your water block

step two, make the height taller and add a water fall texture, example cfalls1

step three, finished!

water block, this is the most common blockade to a newbie mapper

step one, make a new map (mooboopoo map! ftw!)

step two, lower the height from 1024 to 960 (depends what height your working at)

step three, tag lindef type 44 to any linedef in the control centre, then set your desired height and floor height

step four, tag it to the desired sector and see the sonic style water!

woah that was a mouthful, hope this helped.

Thanks, my waterfall works now!

While i'm at it, is the Player 1 start the place where player 1 starts and is the player 2 start the place where the second player starts in multiplayer and online matches?

It depends on the game mode. Numbered player starts for SP, Coop and Race, and Deathmatch starts for Match, CTF and Tag. All maps should also have a 1p start regardless of their mode.

Also, you don't need to have starts for every player in SP, Coop and Race (about 4-8 should do), but it is a good idea to use 32 Deathmatch starts if you're making a Match, CTF or Tag map so the player starts can randomise correctly.

What are deathmatch starts? Do they just randomise the players spawn points so the players will spawn at different points? Also, if you have deathmatch starts, do you need 1-8 player starts?

Read my post again. And tell me what kind of map you're making.

And as far as I know there's actually 32 different co-op starts, though only the first 4 show up in SRB2DB's item list. (can someone confirm that?) There's only one thing (I hate that term) for Deathmatch starts, though.

You'll need a player 1 start and 32 deathmatch starts. You don't need to have all 32 deathmatch starts, though, but obviously there will be more randomisation in where you start if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back