Castle ZTaimat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks ;)

I havn't really begun work on CZT2 or 3 yet... but I have pretty good Idea's for them.

CZT2:
Deep within my castle, Sonic finds the chaos emeralds suspended in glass boxes above portals. Each portal will lead to an area equal to where you had found the emerald in emmy challenge (the theme of each stage) And you must pass each mini-puzzle to move on...

CZT3:
I probably won't release this level until I get some awsome, fastpaced final-boss music to back it up. You fight Me in my throne room... Have fun keeping up with my high speed and endurance...

SPOILER: The black emerald posseses me with its... chaotic (no pun intended) powers. Also, in luxrb2 with all the custom unlockable crap, (and when Zeshiro finishes ZTaimat.wad) ZTaimat will be unlockable for play when you beat Me in my castle.

Nice WAD, man, but it's too hard. It's really easy to make a hard WAD though, try something easier the next time. The mark of a good level designer is to come up with something original and challenging, but not excessively and cheaply hard.

If it's too easy, it can get a little boring. I think his levels are fine the way they are. It could get very fun!

Everyone remember that this is a secret level in ZTAIMAT's wad pack, LuxRB2. Hence, it should be very hard.

EDIT: "Zeshiro" corrected to "ZTAIMAT".

*swats hyper tails*

Hyper Tails said:
Everyone remember that this is secret level in ZTAIMAT's wad pack, LuxRB2. Hence, it should be very hard.

corrected for justice.

ZTaimat said:
CZT3:
I probably won't release this level until I get some awsome, fastpaced final-boss music to back it up. You fight Me in my throne room... Have fun keeping up with my high speed and endurance...
[/size]

No. Just no. Make your boss something original; just giving him speed and endurance makes it frustrating and drawn out without interest. Bosses that are made to be hard(in a cheap way) shouldn't exist, and take no skill to make. If you do make a boss, do not, under any circumstances, have him use "high speed and endurance". Above average speed and and endurance are okay, but for the love of god, just give him some cool attack or field to make him hard; don't go and ruin it for everyone by making him a cheap no-content boss.

Then upload your soc files and send me a download link, i need the current ones becuase I can't edit boss abilities, the state menu just crashes the editor.

I really wan't to toy with the different posable boss states, and make an uber boss like in the Showdown2.wad :P

And by high speed and endurence, i ment about as fast as Zeshiro in Showdown2.wad, only 35hp, with the 'weakening' point when down to 15hp left.

Prime 2.0 said:
I edit using a text editor for the most part. I don't have the new SOC editor files yet, just the new exe.

I use a text editor for the most part too, but only for map headers, emblem locations, and cutscenes. (which is why i didn't have animated cutscenes in luxrb2 demo 1)

ZTaimat said:
Then upload your soc files and send me a download link, i need the current ones becuase I can't edit boss abilities, the state menu just crashes the editor.

I really wan't to toy with the different posable boss states, and make an uber boss like in the Showdown2.wad :P

And by high speed and endurence, i ment about as fast as Zeshiro in Showdown2.wad, only 35hp, with the 'weakening' point when down to 15hp left.
So, just edit states manually, honestly it's not that hard.

yeah, but you need to know which state is which. Most of the time I just use the SOC editor to copy things(and states) that aren't in the SOC file already, and to find out what the state or item number is for something.

Prime 2.0 said:
yeah, but you need to know which state is which. Most of the time I just use the SOC editor to copy things(and states) that aren't in the SOC file already, and to find out what the state or item number is for something.
That's what I do. Except since I've only made new things, I can just memorize all the numbers... well I can't memorize them, I just remembr them for as long as I have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back