A Question and Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

When using the fan that has an FOF above it, the effects of the fan are carried out to continually go even above the FOF. Here are two pictures of what I mean:

This shows the fans and the FOF above it:

And this shows the player above the FOF, with the fan's effect being carried out:

The question is; What can I do to avoid this problem where the effect of the fan continues to be carried out despite the FOF above it?

Now is time for the recommendation. I need a recommendation, or some advice, on how to make a very dark area without having the textures ending up horrible due to the lack of colors in the pallet.

What I mean by this is...:

Normally, I am ok with that, but in this map, it is clearly a problem. I do not want to make it brighter. I want some recommendations or advice on how to make an area appear dark, without the bad textures.

I want some recommendations or advice on how to make an area appear dark, without the bad textures.

Either brighten everything up by the same amount (this will give the same relative darkness, and in the world of perception, everything is relative) or make your own palette that darkens every color in SRB2 and use that for the level. I'd recommend the former; the latter may look better but will get very hairy very quickly.

@spirit this had helped, thanks!

@Tyler well for this specific part I wanted to use the things, but the fan sector can be useful for other situations.

@metal well the point of the recommendation was to keep it at that level of darkness. And while the pallet change seems to work, it affects the other levels in that map pack.

What I did to fix it now was simply make new textures that look like that without the ugly changes of pallet and make the area fully bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back