The Ghoul's Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev3r

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
(All rights reserved to Cutmanmike for making the original "Ghoul's forest" for ZDoom)

Basically, it's Cutmanmike's Ghoul's Forest 2, for SRB2. Take a look on his webpage for more stuff: http://cutstuff.net/blog/?page_id=7

You spawn in a secure dark room with a teleport. Once you go across the teleport, you're in a forest. A lack of rings are scattered arround. Everything is dark and quiet, excepting something: the Ghoul. You must defeat him before he finds you. Once you hear his scream, look arround, and try hitting him with a ring.

Screenshots:

gh2s1.JPG

gh2s2.JPG

You will need the next parameters to play it correctly: "RINGSLINGER 1", "CHASECAM 0", and "FRIENDLYFIRE 0" if you don't want to hurt the rest of the players.
Updateh! A new Gh2 version. This one actually acts like the original Sjas, instead of just lurking arround. You must use STARTRINGS here, there are no rings arround. Anyway, if you throw them, you can get them back again (Or not, if you shoot them too high. :3) so please, don't spam with STARTRINGS 999 or whatever, I'd recommend to use 6 or 2-3 if you want a harder difficulty. Don't worry, the ghoul will kill you instantly, no matter how many rings you have.

Download link: Beep

Funny, your grammer is better than some of the people who ARE english.

EDIT: Oh man, I am NOT playing that again. (OK, I never played it, I just had a feeling it would scare me, and looked inside the wad first. :eek: Holy Shoot.)

Nev3r: You should note to turn friendlyfire off, so that people don't kill each other.
Dude_ said:
Funny, your grammer is better than some of the people who ARE english.
You got that right.

I may test this a little later, I'm kinda doin' stuff right now.

The new howto on keeping n00bs out of your servers in two easy steps:

Step 1, Add gh.wad
Step 2, Name Server "Ghouls Forest Zone"

You will be amazed at how they will not come.

Well, I'll start off with the first thing that was on my mind: the stage is too large. I was having framerate due to the size of the forest. Second, add more rings. Having only one ring every fifty steps does not make ringslinger helpful.

Lastly, and this was probably because there were no noobs around, and I was playing this by myself, but that freaked me the hell out. You definitely succeeded at making this map unique in that sense. Now I know why you said "See this for yourself". ;)

EDIT: Right, I was playing it in OpenGL. Might have fixed the frame lag had I been doing this in Software.

Oh God, that mask scared me when I just heard the noise out of nowhere and this freaky face started chasing me, im gunna have night terrors.
Other than that, sweet wad.
Qoute by a noob: OMG PLZ U HAV TO SHOT THM 4 ME I AM DIING PLZ HELP HE IZ CATCHING UP. I sat the chasing him laughing.

THAT WAS FRECKIN SCARY, AND I HAVE A LARGE MONITER! :eek: I WAS PLAYING WITH TAILSCHAO AND IT GOT KILLED BY THAT...THAT FACE THING. NOOOOOOO!!!

You didn't need to yell... :|

This map you made can be scary if you have sound turned on. If it's off, then it shouldn't be that scary. Try it.

Holy crap... That was ******* scary! I just went through the teleporter with quiet music, I was just running around, and then all of a sudden I hear "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAHAHahhAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!" and then I turn around and there's some weird skull thing and I just die! This could be a horror movie :P. That scared the hell outta me. Nice work :D.And sondaniel, make sure CAPS Lock is turned off.

I was playing with my 5 year old brother, and when the dead bloody ghost killed him... He cried and cried and ran away saying this. Momy momy theres a monster in my brothers computher. :lol: Nice level wad. :wink:

Vash said:
You didn't need to yell... :|
Sorry, but im home alone so it was scary for me. hehe :oops:
Vash said:
This map you made can be scary if you have sound turned on. If it's off, then it shouldn't be that scary. Try it.
Ok thanks. but im not trying this again without someone with me in the server. :|

josh the hedgehog said:
He cried and cried and ran away saying this. Momy momy theres a monster in my brothers computher.
:lol: Wow... that's gotta suck for him, then.

Sondeniel22 said:
Ok thanks. but im not trying this again without someone with me in the server. :|
As long as you have sound turned off, you should be fine. Just be careful, if you have another person in your server, the other person could accidently shoot you, which could scare you.

sasuketo uzuchihamaki said:
And sondaniel, make sure CAPS Lock is turned off.
lol
Vash said:
As long as you have sound turned off, you should be fine. Just be careful, if you have another person in your server, the other person could accidently shoot you, which could scare you.
well ok. thanks dude. :)

How did you make that?

The mask and stuff.

And how do you make thing replacements?

oh, and this would be best in tag.

Dang!

Now that was fun and freaky at the same time.
After playing it a first time, I went back and played
it again wearing headphones. Now that is the best
way to play this level! You all have got to try this
with headphones, it is just too creepy.

Now, I don't have and way of hearing the audio, but that seemed like the sort of thing that only works once. Yeah, it's sorta neat when the face comes out of nowhere, but it doesn't really seem like much more can be done after that.

Though I must admit, I am impressed that you managed to SOC an enemy like that on what appears to be your first released WAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back