OGL's HUD Behavior is /heavily/ inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenLake

OpenGL
6XIBTCr.png

Software
GPS6yxm.png

As can be seen, the placement of objects on the screen is in /no way/ matching that of Software's proper behavior. Switching to a "green" resolution does not improve the behavior at all, although it does fit the background to the proper screen size in both renderers, which isn't exactly the point, but it is something to note.

Before people start screaming that I'm leaking Subarashii, the Wad in question used as an example was posted publicly on the thread, here.

Though, this will probably end up being a big issue in maybe a month's time, as this map is virtually unplayable in OpenGL due to the issue with rendering.

EDIT: After a brief examination by Lat on the discord, it seems as if the culprit is probably V_SMALLSCALEPATCH. Also, the same issue pops up with SoniGURI.

Last edited:
Double post, but this is a significant update in information.

Going off of Lat's mentioning, and my own fix for the wad itself, I have managed to deduce that the exact problem lies in the fact that the coordinates of where a hud sprite is drawn is affected by the scaling of the smallscalepatch in software, but not in OpenGL.

TL;DR: Hud Sprite location scaling by V_SMALLSCALEPATCH does not function in OpenGL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back