• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

scr_golden_temple.wad (Verison 0.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX8000

Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
*Wears some heavy armor and stuff because he knows whats coming from the users.*

Right... this is a bit of a level pack I'm working on.
Currently theres only 4 maps and I have it set to crash is because I don't want it giving you the emblem for beating the game.

Basicly... what this is about is that you have to find a golden temple which in every act 1, it leads to a bonus area filled with goodies, and in every act 2, it leads to a special stage token, and some goodies.

What are the goodies?
Rings, Emblems (Those in the bonus areas count as points for the score, not to the Emblem Counter.), and stuff.

Emblem Help.

There are Emblems hidden in the stage, one for Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. There are emblems in the bonus areas when you find the golden temeple, those count as points, there are no emblems that count to the counter in any bonus areas, there are only hidden in the level itself, not in the bonus area to above confusen.

(Zone Names)
CHECKER HILL 3/3
UNDERGROUND CAVES 1/3

The download link (Version 0.7)
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=689d5753762f27df7d326e9e9d55d33f

Special Stage Info
*Missions*
Special Stage 1
Time : 300
Rings : 200

Special Stage 2 *Trust me, alot of rings in here is highly needed for this.*
Time : 400
Rings : 100

*Blocks*

GOAL BLOCK
As in Sonic 1, contact with this and you fail the stage.

DRAIN BLOCK
Contact with this and your rings will start draining until you get out of it.

HURT BLOCK
Contact with this and you will get knocked back and lose 10 rings.

BUMP BLOCK
These act like bumpers.

ZERO BLOCK
Scatters your rings, but you'll lose them all. (I need to find a way so this can't kill you.)

GRAVITY BLOCK
Custom gravity area, there is no telling if its high, low, or none.

Screenshots

Title screen.

Zone 1-1 (Start)

Zone 1-2 beginging. (Yes, I have died.)

Zone 1-3 start. (Mini short act with boss.)

EDIT: Doombuilder likes to corrupte the file everytime I add a map in it, so this is way In releasing another beta of this, oh and XWE likes doing this too everytime I edit the MAINCFG.

Now I await the rampage of you know what.

Possible Emblem count : 9/11

Looks cool. *also downlaods*

EDIT: Oh. My. God. It took me only 15 seconds to be the level normally, but then I explored and found all the secrets, the temple, the emblem, 50 kajillion extra lives scattered all about, etc.

1) GFZ textures own. Use those.

2) Easily done.

3) What the hell? I thought we are supposed to finish mods before we start a new one. :|

Chaos said:
1) GFZ textures own. Use those.

2) Easily done.

3) What the hell? I thought we are supposed to finish mods before we start a new one. :|
He canned Sonic Ultima.
Also, very good map, but where is the golden temple? *bricked*
Yes, I am lame at exploration.

Chaos, I'm pretty Sonic Ultima is canned.

The generic tips still apply: Some areas had lots of enemies, some areas had none. Rings weren't exactly distributed evenly either. Evening it out a bit would help.

As for the explorable-ness, I'm not liking all these skinny passages on the ground level everywhere, or the skinny little platforms you have to use to get everywhere. I'd rather see all that put into your generic, everyday, alternate routes. If that isn't your fancy, shoot for one big open area. I can't think of any decent examples for the whole large open area thing, though.

Although that's not to say that this level doesn't have character. I wouldn't do anything too drastic like completely change the level layout. I would, however, fix up a few of the techincal things, such as enemy and ring placement, and the skinny platforms. Rather, I'd take the general advice on layout and make your mext map better.

And speaking of your next map,the whole "Get emerald on Act 2" thing, even if it isn't through a temple, still feels like a Mystic Realm rip-off. Blue Heaven only had emerald tokens on Act 2, and I can't say taht worked out too well. I personally just put tokens wherever I feel like it, although that's probably just a preference~

And on an ending note, the Knux area was more of an "Oh that's cool" thing than an "I love this level" thing.

Ok, the questions about Sonic Ultima...

It is canned, it sucked, had to kill it with fire, and all that stuff.

Please no more questions about this as I don't want to be reminded of that nightmare again.

Any ideas of what Zone 1-2 would be? I'm currently out of them.

Link updated, Zone 1 is nearly done, however Zone 1-2 is in a beta stage but you can still complete it.

You can only get a total of 6/9 eblems, I haven't set the ones for Zone 1-2 yet because its in a beta stage.

Uh, I don't know about you, but I like to put down my thingitems as I make the sector layout of the stage. I think it works better because then you're not putting down rings in a panic last-minute state. If you're putting as much thought into the thing layout as the sector layout, then you should have some better thing placement.

Also, are you sure you want that much open-ness? I'm not entirely sure you can make all of it that detailed to keep me from just openly thokking everywhere...

(Note: This level pack was rated by exploring a bit and completing the level as Sonic)

I have to say, your mapping skills have definitely improved ever since The-Mod-That-Must-Not-Be-Named *shot*. But seriously, well done on the map layout. Although, the huge amount of rings in these levels disappoint me. There should be a few more enemies as well, but at the end of the 2nd act, remove 3 of those Crawla Commanders, 2 of them is alright, but 5 is pretty much free points for people who spindash to kill them.

But I'm happy there no more random monitors, and that those upgraded robots aren't put in. Just remove a few of the rings, add/remove some robots, and this'll be a cool level pack.

Updating the 1st page, about the special stages.

New beta will be release after I get done with Special Stage 1.

2 special stage maps have been added, read the info about the blocks on the first page to know whats coming to you.

V0.6 is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back