Inter-Color-Changing Hyper Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working on a wad called Ixis, which has the capability of a hyper form. The problem is, I want it to take on the whole color changing effect of hyper sonic form S3&K, and I have no idea how to do this. Do I need a soc? Do I need to type something? Please help me figure this out.

NOTE: The Wiki did not help me.

M-I-G-H-T work with a soc, but due to the fact some stuck-up member of STJR didn't want to allow normal color changing while moving, it may be difficult.

Shu, it's actually more along the lines of switching skins. If you could switch skins in mid-air after flying, you'd obviously see the supersonic frames. Thus explains why you can't change skins. However, I don't understand why you can't change colors while moving.

Why do you need SRB2 to change the colors for you? Instesd of coloring your supersprites green, make them different colors like silver and yellow.

BlueZero4 said:
However, I don't understand why you can't change colors while moving.
Because, then people could have Hyper Sonic scripts, which cause lag. It's somewhere in the deep, murky, depths of the Stuff to put in 1.1 topic.

If you are talking about the hypersonic in sonic 3 & knuckles and how he flashed green blue pink purple yellow ...etc.

No I dont think you need a soc.

In fact im working on a hypersonic based on the sonic 3 & knuckles hypersonic.

So far it is proving successfull.

This is what I mean.
hypersonicxo5.gif

Note how sonic is hyper and glowing with the colors of the chaos emeralds.

Yes I know what you mean the effect is cool.

Im working on a hypersonic wad that flashes just like that.

Its not imposible but it takes a lot of time.

If I can do it so can you. I look forward to seeing your character so I can compere it to mine.

Yeah, you can do that with a pretty simple script.
color 1;
wait 1;
color 2;
wait 1;
etc. Not sure if it works while you're moving, and it probably causes lag online.

Yeah, back when you could change colors when moving you could make a hyper script to flash colors. Unfortunately, most retards couldn't do it right and their scripts caused lag. And, of course, Mystic or somebody automatically assumed every hyper script did so.

Uh, do you have any evidence to contradict that? Changing colors does indeed cause lag. However, doing so once is completely unnoticeable. Repetitively doing so would indeed cause tremendous lag in a game.

There are two theories to SOCcing a HyperSonic flashiness.

The first is to SOC the super frames to change colors based on it's target, while targeting the hyper sparkles, which will be SOCced to color change. However, in practice the game will also attempt to turn the player yellow, so the pattern will be "Red Yellow Blue Yellow Green Yellow..."

The second is to put every level in Mario mode, then SOC the hyper sparkles to constantly give the player one tic of invincibility. The game's Mario Mode invincibility will take over from there. However, this only works in Mario Mode.

Also, both require using the Hyper Sparkles, which only appear for Sonic. So you'd need to replace the SuperSonic sprites with green versions.

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
This is what I mean.
hypersonicxo5.gif

Note how sonic is hyper and glowing with the colors of the chaos emeralds.

I was working on something just like this a while ago, I managed to change the player diffrent colors with a SOC (And while moving as well) although each state required A_ColorChangeAbsolute or something, and quite possibly, extra states for the color changing. It got really annoying after a while of doing it, so I discontinued it and deleted it off my harddrive

Here's an example I can show.
Ex. S_PLAY_STND needed at least 6+ extra states, so I used the freestates and used A_ColorChangeAbsolute mixed with A_SetTics. You had to apply this to EACH player state. :(

Shu said:
Every time you change your color, the client has to tell the server what just happened, and in turn the server needs to send that information to all the other joiners. If you change your color 35 times per second, you WILL inevitably cause lag.

What SRB2 should really do is disable color changing for a period of time after the last color change. This could easily be accomplished with an "apply" function instead of real-time changing while cycling through the menu.

Even that much can lag a game. As Neo explained, color changing sends a signal to the host each time a color is changed. And the host then sends that data to the rest of the players. That takes up server space. Doing it constantly does cause lag, and whether or not it worked on one server doesn't matter. A hyper script won't work because it would make netgames impossible.

Then the character's link could say,"By downloading this file I agree not to use it in net games."*shot*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back