• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard about some parameters from places on this board and around the internet, but I've never found a complete list or what exactly they do.
Anybody know where I can find a list or something?

No, that's known as a script.

By the way, Shadow Hog, I like your sig.
I almost copied it, then I realized it was a trick..

Uhh... no, that's a list of all the commands you can do in the console. Then you find the command you want and type in "help <command>", and it'll give you the parameters for that command.

And thanks, though I only put it there because I'm of the 2%.

Yes, I know it's a list of some of the commands you can do in the console. It's also sometimes reffered(sp?) as a script though.

You only put it because you were one of the 2%? XD

98% of the teen population will believe any statistic they read. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy and paste this in your signature

98% and 2% are statistics...or did you know that?

So really, you aren't one of the 2% if you don't belive "any statistic"

I really need information on this today.. (deadline tomorrow morning)

Also, is there a way to execute scripts at runtime?

Hmm...
Bind [key] "exec [scriptname]" ?
Or, look in the source code.

I'll look in the code for you... Anyone know what module the VOID_MAIN or INT_MAIN or *_MAIN function is?

Gosh, I thought it would be in M_Argv.c, but there's nothing resembling a list there. Or in M_Argv.h, either.

Args

If it's command line arguments you're looking for, I think most of them are in d_main.c. Not all of them, though; some netgame-related ones are in i_tcp.c, for example. For console commands... Don't know. various places, I think.

Oogaland

Searching for "M_CheckParm" will show you all of the command line options

This is kinda off-topic but...
Is there any way to make SRB2 run off a CD?
I don't intend to sell it.

I hacked it down for a school project and there are almost no refrences to sonic or SRB2

Well, possible is possible, but remember that then the settings can't be saved... You can try to copy all the files to the CD... But if you want an autorun, you need to add an AUTORUN.INI that contains it:

Code:
[autorun]
open=srb2win.exe
icon=srb2win.exe

PD: the icon setting is for change the icon for the CD, you can quit it.

Yes, I know how to make an autorun and all that stuff,
but I thought SRB2 had code built in so that you couldn't run it from a cd.

You could *try* making a shortcut to the exe on the CDROM and set the "working directory" in the shortcut to a place on the hard drive...

there is a '-home' command line option, that sets where SRB2 stores the files it makes, I believe

Well, is simple: copy all files to CD and, in the other computer, copy all files to HD. If you want to do this directly, use this simple bat:

Code:
MD C:\SRB2
COPY *.* C:\SRB2
DEL C:\SRB2\EXTRACT.BAT

When I suppose that BAT was named EXTRACT.BAT and you want to copy it in a folder named C:\SRB2. ;)

Well, would that .BAT file copy all the subdirectories, too?
And, it would take an awefully long time to copy about 60 megabytes of data from a CD to the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back