SRB2 Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemini

You know you've been watching too much Sonic X and playing too much SRB2 when you have three dreams in a row in one night related to such things! :o

In this first one I was playing SRB2 over the internet on this GBA that had an alphabetic keypad on it. At one point after playing a bit of coop one person suggested we should play match, so we started a match game in a rather large and intracate level (that doesn't exist) and my framerate went down to about 10. So I typed in a message, "Goodbye, framerate!" Later I also tried to see if I could get my GBA and the computer to link up into the same SRB2 game.

The second dream was basically just an adventure through a few non-existent SRB2 single-player levels. The second of them was layed out in such a way that you had to keep going up and up and that if you fell you'd be right back at the start (or close to.) The neat thing here is I discovered a bug with SRB2 in this dream (that I haven't tested for in reality) where if you fall in a pit and die after hitting the clear sign-post the level ends as normal but when you start the next one the music from the previous level is played instead of the music you should be hearing!

The third dream was more-so watching Sonic and Tails go on an adventure through a couple SRB2 levels and had intermission scenes, the first of which was showing Tails working on the Tornado 2 as Sonic comes by to get the adventure rolling.

...I need a life, don't I? :P

--- Gemini

Gemini said:
we started a match game in a rather large and intracate level (that doesn't exist) and my framerate went down to about 10.
It exists.

If you're having dreams about new levels, maybe it's a sign you should make them?

I had a dream I was making a level of a big Sonic wad...and what I mean by that is you're climbing on a huge Sonic statue. :roll: I don't think I could make that.

Now THAT's far fetched.
I had a dream when they updated the news on the site, and FD 1.09 came out. Like that will ever happen!

I had a dream where I was playing SRB2 on a TV not too long ago. The interesting thing is that It was like a 3d reincarnation of the Botanic Base zone from that Knuckles Chaotix game for the 32X. It even had the geometric trees and those little purple statues. I really wanted to make this wad, but I'd need a bunch of new textures and such. The actual dream was about my town being on fire, while terrorists drove planes into my 10 story apartment, and I could only run at one tenth of my ordinary speed, so I practically had to swim around in midair to move. No joke.

I've been into the Sonic games for the majority of my existence. (17 days away from being 22, been playing Sonic games since the very first one came out.) Needless to say I've had quite the share of Sonic-related dreams.

I particularlly like the ones where I'm playing Sonic games that don't exist. Like Sonic 2 1/2 which featured a neat multiplayer system.

On such game from a recent dream was a 3D Sonic game much like Sonic Adventure 2 only far better. (Not to say SA2 is bad but to say the game in the dream rocked its world!)

Or one time I was playing a combination Sonic Adventure/Tony Hawk Pro Skater game... basically Sonic characters skateboarding. I made a combo worth over 4000 points with Tails at one point.

Now I just wish I could dream about my own game characters from my game ideas and not just characters from existing games and TV shows...

--- Gemini

Isn't that a bit old to be describing your age as "almost n+1"?

Or are you hinting that I should get you a birthday present?

I'm like that. Every number is a challenge to deconstruct it into an equation. (This is what happens when you program every day of your life and spend two years as such programming math software.)

I think a great birthday present would be to complete SRB2 v1.09 so I can start throwing magnet rings again! ;)

...besides, you don't know where I live so you can't send me any wired explosives, viruses, rotting food, time sand or cookie cutters anyways :P

--- Gemini

Heh. The only Nick shows I've ever watched are Invader ZIM and Ren and Stimpy. Zim for his ultra-cool/violent content that drove Nickelodeon to rip it off the air, and R&S for it's terribly offensive content that made them edited it to the point where it became utter crap.

ZIM is cool. That's why I learned how to draw him. And helped out a local SKOOL by painting Zim murals on the wall (As well as Sonic, Tails, Stewie from Family Guy and Bender from Futurama, among others) after they asked me to, for reasons which I will never understand...

Wow. I can't believe how quickly the topic changed from dreams about a little blue hedgehog, to a conversation on a insane, maniacal little Irken bent on conquering the Earth.

Oh, wait, that was ME who changed the topic... *slaps forehead*
Well, now that I typed all this I'd better post it anyways.... :(
*clicks Submit button*

heres something crasy. I once had a dream about mario world. you know how mario goes on yoshi, this time yoshi died.

poor dino...

and the crasy thing is, no one cared. i just hate that mario has no respect for anyone. :?

Geeze, I'm STILL having Sonic-related dreams... last night was a really long quest to find all seven chaos emeralds... we got five of them before the dream ended. All the additional characters put into Sonic X were in the dream as well. The only things I remember about the dream was that after we found three emeralds we tried to find the fourth in this one mine, but for some reason the mine could easily absorb water from the air and from people who go in, so when Sonic tried to run down to the bottom to begin searching he started to really get thirsty and had to dash back up for some water. We never did get the emerald in that mine, and we tried so many times to get into it.

I only recently started watching Sonic X, and it's probably helping that I have the same first name as Chris... (Except mine's spelled differently.)

The next night I have a no Sonic-related dreams is going to feel really weird... this is the fourth night in a row now! :o

--- Gemini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back