Congratulations srb2.org!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walan

Muncher of Numbers
srb.org's main page recently reached it's 200,000th hit. For a somewhat small fangame like SRB2, that's a pretty good accomplishment.

Congratulations, SRB2 team.

I think we'd get a lot more return visitors if somehow the updates for the add-ons were posted on the front page. As it stands, most first-time visitors won't venture in to the add-ons section, and the sparse front page updates won't help visitors think srb2.org is a terribly active site. :P Even if the add-ons page doesn't update very often, it at least updates more often than anybody does the front page right now.

srb2.org is intentionally updated rarely. It gives it a look of professionalism and helps prevent getting people confused.

a441 said:
It gives it a look of professionalism
So to look professional, all I have to do is never update?

Well, I guess Mega Man HQ is therefore the most professional website in the world! :D

Should be. Admittedly I've not touched it in months, though Vector's yet to upload the Mega Man 8 thing I sent him... dunno why, but then, we didn't coin A Vector Eventually™ for nothing.

LOL, nice regurgitation of my words, a441. :lol:

Yeah, there have just been problems in the past with the old STJr site and making tiny little updates of nonsense and confusing people. I'd just rather not go through all of it again. Trust me, a441's e-mail would increase fivefold.

Actually, I have yet to get a single "technical question" since adding myself to the contact page. All I've gotten at that email address is contest submissions.

What's a fivefold increase from 0?

Five-fold the contest submissions, probably.

Ha, we'd have MegaWADs that are 100 maps long... that'd be some good matching.

SSNTails said:
LOL, nice regurgitation of my words, a441. :lol:

Yeah, there have just been problems in the past with the old STJr site and making tiny little updates of nonsense and confusing people. I'd just rather not go through all of it again. Trust me, a441's e-mail would increase fivefold.

But... isn't that a good thing? You're basically saying to us, "We don't want SRB2 to get popular, we don't want fanmail". That's.. part of being in a project like this.

"Hey, is this project active? It's pretty cool."
"No! No! You see nothing! Nobody's here! Go away!"
"But you just had a mapping contest!"
"Shut up! That's none of your business!"

I am beginning to see a trend, methinks, from a441's "NO! NO PASSWORD!" bit.

Like AJ said, I was just regurgitating his words. I thought "no updates = professionalism" was a bit silly too.

Password bit: Don't want to start the discussion again, but FYI, I'm against that because, IMO, it a) will be misused and b) takes the game's focus in the wrong direction. In no way am I anti-popularity.

It's actually a good a idea to keep a low profile on a project like this. Afterall, you wouldn't be wanting to get "fanmail" from Sega...

FMSonic said:
It's actually a good a idea to keep a low profile on a project like this. Afterall, you wouldn't be wanting to get "fanmail" from Sega...

Ahemm.. ermmm.. yeah. That's another reason. You really can't tell the game even contains any substance from glancing around the website. The only in-game shots are down at the bottom of the news page.

True. Save all the publicity for AFTER the game is eventually finished. :P Then they can't really do much about it except make you take the download link off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back