Should I get a 3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBreada

Also known as David G.
I've recently become interested in Pokemon, and alot of my friends play it, so I was wondering if I should get a 3DS for those games.

Also, I heard the first Sonic the Hedgehog game (my favorite) has a 3D version on the 3DS, so.....

Well there are definetly good games on the 3DS you should check out.

First if you are interrested in Pokemon, you can buy either X/Y if you want something new or OR/AS if you want to play online, as most Mega Evolutions in there are not present in XY.
There are some Sonic games too, but I'd have to say they're not really that good;

Sonic Generations... well act 1 and 2 look exactly the same in term of gameplay once you'll beat the first boss.

Sonic Lost World... Actually the best out of the three, it's pretty good even tough the level design is pretty linear compared the wiiU version.

Sonic Boom... Haven't played it but the demo, but it's actually better than the wiiU version, apparently.

And finally, 3D Sonic1 is just Sonic 1, as I heard. It still runs better than it did back on the GBA ;P

Now the console itself is not really that expansive, but if you plan on buying one, I'd suggest immediatly going for a New3DS, this will avoid you having to buy one after N3DS exclusive games come out. I saw a N3DS around 170€, don't exactly know what it makes in $ tough.

I highly suggest doing so. The 3ds is a great handheld with many great games on it. I personally love Lost World and Generations for the 3ds. I haven't had the pleasure of playing ORAS yet, however from the special demo I can tell you that from what I've played so far, is great.

The thing about the 3ds, not only is it a good gaming handheld, but it's also a fun device with many downloadable apps, such as Flipbooks, netflix, PokéDex 3d, and much more.

As I said, I do recommend it highly. If fact I'd go so far as to say you should buy the New 3ds when it comes out (or is it already out? Idk). Basically the new 3ds is an improved stronger version of the 3ds.

Buy it for Kid Icarus: Uprising and Super Mario 3D Land. Link Between Worlds is also pretty great, and if you don't have a WiiU you can get Sm4sh for it too.

It already has two excellent Ace Attorney games (well, one-and-a-half, given one's Professor Layton vs.), it has the only Fire Emblem game I've actually enjoyed, you can play classics as old as Link's Awakening or Ocarina of Time to as recent as friggin' Xenoblade on the go...

Yes.

I had a 2DS. It's really great, don't listen to whatever crap it may get.
3D is a mostly useless novelty feature anyway, as you said it's far cheaper (And I believe comes with a decently sized SD card as well) and if Xenoblade or future N3DS titles don't interest you it's a great buy.
It's also far more comfortable to hold than it looks. It's something like the old Gameboys except larger of course. My only complaint would be the smaller screen, after playing on a Vita so long it feels sort of cramped.

If you're wondering why I had and not have one, there's nothing wrong with the system itself. I just needed money to pay medical bills. Sometimes I think about grabbing one again or even getting a more luxurious model of 3DS but it doesn't have enough games for me in honesty.

I was contemplating the 2DS as well, but I got the 3DS because it was on sale, so not a huge jump in price.

I heard the sound on 2DS is monaural, does that apply to headphones as well?

Nope, it sounds perfectly normal when using headphones. But yeah, I forgot about that- the speaker isn't very loud.

Ahem, I'd like to say that is a lie. The 2DS I bought for Christmas was pretty loud when I played with it. But then again, the music came from Smash Bros., Pokemon, etc. They were probably made to be loud. I was two rooms away and can faintly hear my 2DS in a game menu.

Well yeah, if you're in a moderately quiet house, but if you're in a public place and want some faint volume to hear it you're out of luck. Just compared to the Vita at least I can turn it up and hear it without headphones on the bus or something, but the 2DS can't. Which is understandable considering it only has one speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back