Should TF2 be rated M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaysakado

Honestly, the cartoony feel of the game makes me think it should be T or E10+. In addition, compare it ShTH, which got E10+, and was actually going to be T before SEGA changed the red blood into green blood. The only real difference between the two is that TF2 is first person, and that TF2 does not use furry anthromorpophic (sp) woodland creatures.

And TF2 has rather graphic gibs.

...that's really the only thing that's making it M-rated, honestly. The fact that the player characters explode into various bloody bodily chunks. It's rather creepy, especially if you stare at them up-close. In the thick of a battle, though, it's all rather silly and you won't BE paying attention because that sentry is mowing you down.

TF2, yeah, what SH said.

But Shadow The Hedgehog, I think E10+ was fine either way. It seems dumb to censor a game over a little blood. I honestly think everyone's just paranoid.

I think it should be rated T for these reasons-

1) The explosions blast your limbs off and finishes in a shower of blood. Not something a 10 year old should see.

2) The cartoony feel as you stated already, takes some of the maturity away and makes you realize you are playing for FUN!

3) The things the characters say is what keeps the game in a T rating in my head.

4) Some of the people are indecent which could turn a stupid 10 year old into another noob of the internet.

In short-
Shower of blood-T
Cartoony feel-E
Sayings-T
Community-T
*Puff huff puff*

Mikesword221 said:
4) Some of the people are indecent which could turn a stupid 10 year old into another noob of the internet.
Go play a game that has online and is rated by the ESRB:

"Online interactions are not rated by the ESRB."

or something similar

Sorry, but "shower of blood" is all it takes to push a game into an M-rating by the ESRB's books. I mean, look at Bionic Commando: Rearmed. The game is very clean, for the most part - nobody bleeds, enemies just kind of keel over and slump off the level when shot, etc etc. Until you get to...
[spoiler:593b0c941f]...Master-D/Hitler, and then shoot a rocket launcher. At his face. With a very gory animation, if the NES game is anything to go by - Bionic Commando is one of the few NES games to get around Nintendo of America's asinine content changes, and retain a very gory animation of Hitler's head exploding, so.[/spoiler:593b0c941f]That small part of the game, all the way at the very end, is enough to push the game into M-rated territory. So no, a shower of blood is NOT T-rated by any means at all.

It could potentially reach E-10 if you're going by the German version, which replaces all the gibs and blood with, I kid you not, birthday gifts and hamburgers. Talk about overbearing censorship!

The blood and gibs alone is what does it. No young child needs to see any representation of a human being blown apart, despite the stylized depiction.

TF2 also has some swears, which the ESRB gets pretty angry about every now and then.

The gibs can be turned off - I believe that if TF2 were sold with them off by default, it could easily earn a T rating. E10+, I doubt, because of the presence of guns.

If TF2 had the gibs, blood and swearing removed, it MIGHT be able get a T rating. Of course, you would get idiots who force you to use a fan-made blood and gib mod...

I think the gibs and severed body parts are more than enough to earn the game an M-rating.

The swearing and excessive blood don't help either.

If they just removed the Blood being spilt on the wall, And Removed the Gore and lowered the swearing slightly. *Cause most T games get away with some swearing here and there.* I think it would have a possibility of a T rating. Look at Samurai Showdown, It's Animated and contains alot of Blood Shed in between matches. And Still manages to come out clean with a T rating, Because TF2's blood sparks arent really that gruesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back