The ultimate speed run challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailsmastermind

Does time attack too much
As I have been searching Youtube, I have seen less and less amounts of people doing speed runs, and more just "play troughs" of all the stages. It has taken me a while, and I want to pose this challenge to everyone in the community: To get a time attack limit on regular SRB2 to be less than 4 minutes. Before you say anything, yes, I have been able to accomplish this. As soon as I get a camera, I will post it on Youtube, but in the mean time, I'm going to post my times. Anyway, I just want to see if anyone else can do this. (or if anyone already has and I'm too ignorant to find out)

GFZ1-12.19 (Sonic)
GFZ2-23.24 (Knuckles) 29.?? (Sonic)
GFZ3-13.23 (Sonic)
THZ1-35.33 (Sonic)
THZ2-27.22 (Sonic)
THZ3-20.06 (Sonic)
CEZ1-39.09 (Sonic)
CEZ2-48.29 (Sonic)
CEZ3-11.20 (Sonic)
Total-3:53.10
Edit:Click here for the video.
Edit2: Just a reminder guys. this isn't a topic just to show off. I'm trying to get you guys to show some more skill on youtube then just a "speed run" of tails with god mode on with light dash. (I doubt there is a video like that though)
I got some faster times here.

I'm surprised about 23 seconds with Knuckles. O_o
I'm guessing you used the glide-bouncing technique. =D

Autosaver said:
Most of the community can beat your first record(I even saw a youtube video of a 9 second run?)
Most of the community? I doubt that. I believe the fastest record was 12 or 11 seconds and LXShadow did that.

tailsmastermind said:
Autosaver said:
Most of the community can beat your first record(I even saw a youtube video of a 9 second run?)
Most of the community? I doubt that. I believe the fastest record was 12 or 11 seconds and LXShadow did that.

I think your right. (I may have confused the times lol)

tailsmastermind said:
GFZ1-13.06 (Sonic)

Completed.

33crr01.png

I don't see why he would care to do that, or why you would think that Tailsmastermind can't take something with such little significance as that...

While he does, sort of bring up a good point, I did all those runs last night. I never updates until this morning (going by EST just so you know). Although I probably would have figured "If someone can do that, I should match them!"

As a reminder, they're not fractional seconds, they're tics. The number after the seconds place is tics, and there are 35 of them per second. They're the smallest unit of game time in SRB2. Hence, that's not .04 of a second, it's actually 4/35th of a second, quite a bit longer than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back