Wii Sports - Resort AND Wii Motion+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

Its for the Wii(..) and its made by Nintendo. It even comes with Wii Motion Plus. Its an awesome game, Its really fun! Oh, and the motion plus thing is pretty neat. Anyone have it? If you don't, I say buy it as fast as you can!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Sports_Resort

The game has 12 sports. And sub-games inside of them. Heres an example. You want to play Basketball. You can click on 3-Point contest.(There are 5 stations, each have five balls, and the last ball gives you 2 points!) Or you can play a pick-up game.(A normal Basketball game.)

I'm also a fan of sword fighting. There are 3 games you can pick under this section. Duel(Beat the crap out of your friend), Speed slices(Slice things in a certain direction before your friend) And Showdown(On-rails game, where you kill as many people as you can and beat the level. There are 10 levels, 10 bonus ones)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_MotionPlus

Wii Motion Plus is this little device. Its really small and fits in your Nunchuk spot. Its really accurate on where you moving. As simple gestures will influence game play. If you play Frisbee for example, you can tilt the wii remote in so many directions. Adding curve and spin. Though, some people find it too accurate.

So, does anyone have one of these? I have both(bundled with Wii Sports Resort) I say BUY this game! If you don't, you are a nut head. :D

One bad thing, it only comes with one of the WMP Devices.

Yu need to spend like 60 bucks to get three more.

TheMarshMan said:
One bad thing, it only comes with one of the WMP Devices.

Yu need to spend like 60 bucks to get three more.

I got a best buy coupon. (5 dollars off game, 10 dollars off in you purchase another Wii motion+)

Jellybones said:
I'm hearing it's okay but I'd probably hate it.
I thought I'd hate it too, but I was actually quite impressed when I played it at Gamestop. An actually very good title.

I say one party game per household is enough, and Raving Rabbids TV Party clearly satisfies those requirements. I'll pass.

bob_the_flying_monkey said:
Autosaver said:
I got a best buy coupon. (5 dollars off game, 10 dollars off in you purchase another Wii motion+)
Share your wisdom on how you got the coupon.

Subscribe to Best buy's coupons,newsletters, and junk?

I don't know, just found it in the mail. XD

Got it yesterday, I honestly love it. My only complaint is we have to go out and buy more of the Motion Plus things today, but it's not that big of a deal.

What exactly are the Motion Plus things for, anyways?

Ghost_Zero said:
Got it yesterday, I honestly love it. My only complaint is we have to go out and buy more of the Motion Plus things today, but it's not that big of a deal.

What exactly are the Motion Plus things for, anyways?
Better motion control... Yes, I'm dead serious. Instead of giving those things for free since the Wii motion controls were supposed to be uber fantastic in the first place, we now have to buy our upgrade with a new title. Still... A very good new title.

Better motion control... Yes, I'm dead serious. Instead of giving those things for free since the Wii motion controls were supposed to be uber fantastic in the first place, we now have to buy our upgrade with a new title. Still... A very good new title.

Like I said at another forum. Technology wasn't so advanced while this was in development, or it may have cost way too much. And giving it for free would be like, burning money.

Like I said at another forum. Technology wasn't so advanced while this was in development, or it may have cost way too much. And giving it for free would be like, burning money.
Well... Yeah, but still... I just don't understand why it couldn't be like this in the first place.

Well... Yeah, but still... I just don't understand why it couldn't be like this in the first place.

The reason is that they couldn't afford to make it this intricate before and since this was the first major move to motion controls they took it one step at a time. Besides, most of the events you can get away with only two motion-plus controllers which will save you a lot of money. I think you can also rotate controllers for the turn-based games.

For the record, I hated "Wii Sports", "Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games" was my choice for a party game except for the fact it wasn't always very user-friendly. However, I have definitely got my money's worth out of "Wii Sports Resort". The only events that I didn't care for were bowling (which I've never liked because it was so long), and power-cruising, which is cool but hard on the limbs... Canoing takes some getting used to, and basketball seemed fairly shallow, but I enjoyed them.

This may sound odd, but my favorite part of the game was actually not one of the multiplayer games, but flying around the island at my leisure. Wuhu Island being an ip may have sounded like a joke, but in that event it felt as complete as Hyrule. (relatively speaking)

I can strongly recommend this title with any household with more than one Wii player. Personally, I do not consider this a party game as it doesn't seem off-the-wall enough to be the same kind of game as Wario-ware or Rabbids... but it is definately worth playing (and the seventy dollars admission).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back